Housing benefit increase Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
An increased housing benefit is only granted on request by the competent authority.
- Completed application form
- Evidence of reduced income
- Proof of the increased rent or burden
- Proof of other changes
The housing benefit shall be re-approved on request if, during the current authorisation period,
- increases the number of household members to be taken into account,
- the rent or charge to be taken into account is increased by more than 15 percent, or
- total income is reduced by more than 15 percent
and this leads to higher housing benefit.
If the rent or burden has increased retroactively by more than 15 percent, an increased housing benefit may also be granted retroactively, but at the earliest from the beginning of the current authorisation period.
Detailed information is provided by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety:
BMI - Wohngeld
§ 27 Abs. 1 Wohngeldgesetz (WoGG)
§ 25 Wohngeldgesetz (WoGG)
As a rule, the increased housing benefit is approved again for 12 months.
The authorisation period shall be shortened if the conditions relevant to the provision of housing benefit are expected to change before the end of 12 months.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication