Residence Re-registration Status change Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you have registered several apartments in Germany and in the meantime use mainly an ancillary residence instead of the previously registered main residence, this must be reported to the competent authority. This changes the status in the register.

  • Identity card or passport of all the reporting agents concerned

The competent authority will provide you with free registration slips. Many places already offer these as downloads on the Internet. You can also have the required information entered in the automated process on site.


  • Shifting the focus of life to another place of residence

Related Links

  • ยง 21 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

The notification must be made in person to the competent authority.

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Home Affairs and Sport

Last update or date of publication