Residence Registration for barges and seafarers Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Any person who moves onto an inland waterway vessel registered in a register of vessels in the Federal Republic of Germany must register with the competent authority.

The shipowner of a seagoing vessel authorised to fly the Federal Flag must notify the captain and crew members of the vessel at the beginning of the employment, hire or training relationship.

The obligation to notify ship crews does not exist as long as these persons are registered for an apartment in Germany.

  • Registration slip
  • Housing provider confirmation
  • Identity card or passport as proof of identity and to change the details of the apartment

The competent authority will provide you with free registration slips. Many places already offer these as downloads on the Internet. You can also have the required information entered in the automated process on site.

Related Links

  • ยง 28 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Home Affairs and Sport

Last update or date of publication