Application for a death certificate in the event of a death on a German seagoing vessel
You can apply to the registry office I in Berlin for the issuance of a death certificate for a death that occurred on a German seagoing vessel.
The request for a death certificate at the registry office I in Berlin is possible in the online procedure.
Online application death certificate
- the prior re-registration of the death in abroad in a German death register.
you can apply for a death certificate:
- Spouse and civil partner of the deceased person
- Ancestors and descendants of the deceased person (e.B. child, grandchild)
- deceased person's siblings, if you have a legitimate interest, or
- other persons if they have a legal interest
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age.
Section 61 et seq. Of civil status law (PStG)
Section 55 Civil Status Act (PStG)
Section 37 Civil Status Act (PStG)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Home Affairs and Sport
Last update or date of publication