Home birth advert Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The birth of a child must be notified to the competent authority in whose jurisdiction it was born.
The following order of age is required to indicate a home birth:
- each parent of the child, if he or she is entitled to care,
- any other person who was present at the birth or is informed of the birth on his or her own knowledge.
in case of married parents
- Birth certificates
- marriage certificate or a certified imprint from the marriage register,
in case of parents who are not married to each other
- Birth certificate of the mother
if paternity has already been recognised:
- Declarations on the recognition of paternity
- Birth certificate of the father
- if necessary, the declarations of custody
- Identity card, passport or a recognised passport replacement document of the parents
- a birth certificate issued by a doctor or midwife or nurse, provided that they were present at birth.
A marriage certificate must also be presented when the marriage is dissolved.
On the basis of the certificate carried out in the birth register, a birth certificate for the domestic birth may be issued upon request.
§§ 18 ff. Personenstandsgesetz (PStG)
§ 33 Verordnung zur Ausführung des Personenstandsgesetzes (PStV)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Home Affairs and Sport
Last update or date of publication
No information available