Housing benefit change Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
In the event of changes in the current housing benefit, there is an obligation to notify in the following cases:
- if the rent/burden (excluding heating costs) is reduced by more than 15 percent,
- if household members' incomes increase by more than 15 percent,
- if the number of household members decreases,
- where one or more members of the household apply for or receive transfers (ALG II, social security, basic security),
- in the case of the death of a single household member (notification by the heirs or caregivers).
The changes may lead to a reduction or, if necessary, a complete elimination of housing benefit.
- Evidence of changed income
- Proof of the changed rent or charge
Detailed information is provided by the Federal Ministry of Transport, Construction and Urban Development:
FAQ zum Wohngeld (BMI)
Wohngeld und Wohngeldrechner
§ 27 Wohngeldgesetz (WoGG)
§ 28 Wohngeldgesetz (WoGG)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication