Brokerage and advice of financial investments Permit Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
- If you wish to become a commercial financial investment intermediary or financial investment advisor, you must obtain a licence
- Permission may be granted to a natural or legal person
- Depending on the federal state, chamber of industry and commerce, trade associations or districts / district-free districts
Proof of personal public confidence:
- Certificate of competence and information from the Central Trade Register
- Proof of orderly relationship:
- Information from the insolvency court as to whether the opening of proceedings has been made (so-called negative certificate)
- Extract from the debtor register of the central enforcement court
- Proof of existing public damagesNu liability insurance (certificate in sample wording)
- Certificate of competence (IHKSachkundepr fungsnachweis or proof of equivalent professional qualification, see also further information)
- For legal entities and partnerships: Extract from the commercial register from the country in which the head office of the company is located
- If applicable. Translation of the (foreign-language) extract from the commercial register
Application for a licence as a financial investment intermediary (use is recommended)
- Online procedure possible if necessary
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- The necessary confidence for the commercial enterprise, i.e. You have not been convicted of fraud or other crimes in the last 5 years
- Orderly transport ratios, i.e. You are not in private insolvency or are entered in the debtor register
- Professional indemnity insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 1,130,000.00 for each insured event and EUR 1,700,000.00 for all insurance cases in a total of one year.
- Competence through a passed IHKPr passing or through equivalent training qualifications and, if necessary, publicly equivalent professional experience
Intermediaries within the meaning of § 2 paragraph 1 number 10 of the German Banking Act (KWG) are exempt from the authorisation requirement. They are entered in a public register envisioned by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin).
§ 34f Gewerbeverordnung (GewO)
Financial Investment Brokerage Ordinance
You send the application for permission with all the evidence to the respective responsible body.
- On the basis of your information and documents, the authority will check whether the legal requirements for granting a permit have been met.
- If you meet the requirements, you will receive permission in writing by post
If you have not already applied for the entry in the register of intermediaries together with the permission, you must still register in the register of intermediaries before you are asked.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication