Deposit realisation period in the pawnshop industry Extension
Upon application to the competent authority, the period for the realisation of the pledge may be extended if there is good reason.
The period shall be extended for as long as the important reason is likely to exist. In the event of prevention by a judicial or official measure, the period shall be extended until the realisation of other seizers following the lifting of the measure.
- If applicable , identity card or passport
- Pawnshop permit at the request of the competent authority
- if applicable, documents documenting the important reason
Is it for good cause? An important reason exists if
- there is a conflict of obligations of the pawnbroker under the Pfandleiher Ordinance (PfandlV) and other legal provisions.
- a postponement of the realisation is in the interest of the pledger, in particular if (e..B. for seasonal reasons) a more favourable result can be achieved for the pledger in the event of a later realisation despite the interest and costs still incurred.
- there is a dispute pending concerning the ownership of the pledge or the origin of the lien.
§ 9 Abs. 2 Pfandleiherverordnung (PfandlV)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport
Last update or date of publication