Other games with winning ability: Permission Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you want to organize other games with the possibility of winning (e.B. skill games) you need permission from the competent authority. Permission must be applied for.
A skill game occurs when the person playing the game is likely to determine the outcome of the game by skill or knowledge, according to the game setup and the rules of the game. In contrast, in the case of gambling, the decision on profit and loss is largely determined by chance.
The permission does not generally entitle you to the organization of sweepstakes, but only applies to a specific game. It is tied to the person and the venue. The holder of the permit may be any natural and legal person. In the case of partnerships, each managing partner requires its own permission.
The permit may be granted for a limited period of time or subject to conditions if it is necessary for the protection of the general public, the guests, the residents of the farm land or neighbouring properties or in the interest of the protection of minors. Subsequent inclusion, modification and addition of conditions is also permitted.
There are also games with the possibility of winning, for which there is freedom of permission (usually with goods winnings worth no more than 60.00 euros).
For game play equipment or game devices, permission is required for play equipment with a chance to win.
- if necessary, identity card or passport
- If necessary, the social contract
at registered companies
- Extract from the Commercial Register
at a GmbH & Co. KG
- Excerpt for the GmbH and kg
- Certificate of leadership (document type O)
- Information from the Business Central Register
- certificate of safety of the Federal Criminal Police Office or an imprint thereof
In the case of legal entities, these documents must be provided for all persons entitled to represent persons (e.B. Managing Directors, members of the Board of Management) in accordance with the law, the articles of association or the articles of association. In the case of legal persons, the information from the central business register must also be provided for the legal person.
In the case of traders from another Member State of the EU or an EEA Member State, documents issued in the country of origin may be used to demonstrate that the reliability and orderly financial situation of the trader is met.
- Possession of a certificate of safety from the Federal Criminal Police Office or an imprint thereof
the necessary reliability for the organisation of games with the possibility of winning - both of the person who is in the game and of the trader in whose operation the game is to be organised
- The required reliability does not have the necessary reliability, who has been convicted in the last three years before the application for a crime, theft, embezzlement, extortion, stealing, fraud, infidelity, illegal organisation of a gambling, participation in illicit gambling or for offences under Section 12 of the Youth Protection Act (JuSchG).
Requirements for games with a win of money
- The game must be held in a arcade or similar company.
- A maximum of three such games may be held there.
Requirements for games with a profit from goods
The game must be
- at festivals, shooting festivals or similar events,
- fairs or special markets, or
- in restaurants or accommodation establishments (except those mainly visited by children and young people)
organised. No more than 3 such games may be held in restaurants.
Section 12 Law on the Protection of Minors (JuSchG)
Section 4 and 5 Game Ordinance (SpielV)
Section 33d Commercial Code (GewO)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication