Other games with the possibility of winning permission in the travel industry
Anyone who wants to organize other games with the possibility of winning in the travel industry (e.B games of skill) requires permission from the responsible authority. Permission must be applied for.
A game of skill exists when, according to the game setup and the rules of the game, the player can determine the outcome of the game with a high degree of probability through skill or his own knowledge. In contrast, in gambling, the decision about winning and losing is predominantly determined by chance.
The permission does not generally entitle to the organization of competitions, but always refers only to a specific game. It is tied to the person and to the venue. In the case of partnerships, each managing partner requires their own permission.
The permit may be granted for a limited period of time or subject to conditions if it is necessary for the protection of the general public, the guests, the residents of the company property or the neighbouring properties or in the interest of the protection of minors. Subsequent inclusion, modification and addition of conditions is also permitted.
There are also games with the possibility of winning, for which there is freedom of permission (usually with goods winnings worth a maximum of 60.00 euros).
A permit for gaming equipment with the possibility of winning is required for gambling machines or merchandise gaming equipment .
- If applicable , identity card or passport
- Travel trade card
- Clearance certificate from the State Criminal Police Office
The competent authority may request further documents.
- natural or legal person
- Possession of a clearance certificate from the State Criminal Police Office or an imprint thereof
the reliability required for the organisation of games with the possibility of winning - both the person operating the game and the trader in whose establishment the game is to be organised
- Anyone who has been convicted in the last 3 years before the application for a crime, theft, embezzlement, extortion, stealing, fraud, embezzlement, unauthorized organization of a game of chance, participation in unauthorized gambling or for offenses according to § 12 youth protection law (JuSchG) does not have the required reliability.
Requirements for games with a win of money
- The game must be held in an arcade or similar company.
- A maximum of three such games may be held there.
Requirements for games with merchandise winnings
The game must
- at folk festivals, shooting festivals or similar events,
- fairs or special markets or
- in restaurants or accommodation establishments (except those that are mainly visited by children and young people)
can be organized. A maximum of 3 such games may be held in restaurants.
$12 Youth Protection Act (JuSchG)
§§ 4 and 5 Gaming Ordinance (SpielV)
§ 60a Industrial Code (GewO)
§ 33d Industrial Code (GewO)
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport
Last update or date of publication