Be exempted from the requirement for expertise in accordance with the Chemical Ozone Layer Ordinance
In individual cases, you can be exempted from the requirement of proof of competence according to the Chemicals Ozone Layer Ordinance.
To work on technical equipment that uses ozone-depleting substances, you usually need to provide proof of competence. This is a completed relevant vocational training, a certificate of competence according to the Chemical Climate Protection Ordinance or an equivalent certificate from other European countries.
In individual cases, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or chamber of crafts may exempt you from the requirement of technical or craft training upon application if you meet the requirements for registration in the register of craftsmen in a relevant craft or otherwise prove that you are comparably qualified for technical or craft activities. The competent authority may obtain an opinion from the competent guild or professional association before taking a decision.
Proof of qualifying professional activities
- Forms: as specified by the competent authority
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- You meet the requirements for registration in the register of craftsmen
- Alternatively, you can otherwise prove that you are qualified to practice a craft
§ 5 paragraph 4 Chemical Ozone Layer Ordinance (ChemOzonSchichtV)
You first apply for exemption from the requirement of technical or craft training at a chamber of industry and commerce or chamber of crafts.
- The board checks whether you meet the requirements.
- For this purpose, the board may also ask other bodies, such as guilds or professional associations.
After processing your application, you will receive a letter about whether you can be exempted from the requirement of training.
Responsible for the content
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Last update or date of publication