Broadcasting contribution in the private sector Registration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

As an adult, you have to pay a radio fee for your apartment.

If another person already pays a broadcast fee for your apartment, you are exempt from payment.

  • informal writing by post or
  • completed registration form on the Internet

Related Links

  • Rundfunkbeitrag online anmelden


  • Adult citizen/citizen


Companies, institutions and the self-employed are subject to special rules.

Further explanations of the broadcasting contribution can be found in the Community offer of the competent body.

There is no obligation to pay contributions for a vacant apartment. Prerequisite is:

  • that it is not inhabited by anyone, and
  • for which there is no rental contract and
  • for which no person is registered with the population registration office.

For more information:

  • Erläuterungen rund um den Rundfunkbeitrag
  • Beitragsrechner für Unternehmen und Institutionen
  • Beitragsrechner für Einrichtungen des Gemeinwohls

Related Links

  • Rundfunkbeitragsstaatsvertrag (RBStV)

You must register your apartment with the appropriate authority. For this purpose, an informal letter to the responsible body is sufficient or you can use the online registration on the Internet.

Responsible for the content

Last update or date of publication
No information available