Relief amount for costs of additional care services for long-term care insured persons
People in need of care who are cared for at home can receive up to 125 euros per month from the nursing care fund. The money can be used to relieve caring relatives or to promote the independence and self-determination of those in need of care in everyday life.
Persons in need of care in home care are entitled to a relief amount of up to 125 euros per month (i.e. a total of up to 1,500 euros per year). This also applies to those in need of care level 1. The amount is earmarked for quality-assured services to relieve caring relatives and to promote the independence and self-determination of those in need of care in the organization of their everyday lives.
If the monthly benefit amount has not been fully exhausted in a calendar month, the remaining amount will be carried over to the following calendar months. Benefit amounts that have not yet been used up at the end of the calendar year may still be carried over until the end of the following calendar half-year.
The amount can be used for
- day or night care services,
- short-term care services,
- benefits of the approved nursing services (in nursing grades 2 to 5 but not for services in the field of self-sufficiency) or
- Services of the offers recognized under state law for support in everyday life.
In order to receive reimbursement of the expenses incurred, supporting documents must be submitted to the nursing care fund or the private insurance company with which the person in need of care is insured. The supporting documents submitted and the application for reimbursement of costs must indicate:
- in connection with which of the above-mentioned services (services of day or night care, services of short-term care, services of outpatient care services or / and services according to state law recognized offers for support in everyday life) the persons in need of care have incurred self-burdens and
- the amount of the costs incurred for this are to be reimbursed from the relief amount.
As far as day or night care services or short-term care are concerned, it is in accordance with the practice of the nursing care funds that parts of the costs incurred for accommodation and meals in connection with these services can also be reimbursed from the relief amount.
Please ask your nursing care fund which documents are required and whether there is a special application form.
For people in need of care in home care from care level 1.
§ 45b Eleventh Book of the Social Code (SGB XI)
You must apply for the relief amount at the nursing care fund.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality
Last update or date of publication