Relief amount for costs of additional care services for persons with long-term care insurance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
People in need of care who are cared for at home can receive up to 125 euros per month from the care fund. The money can be used to relieve the burden on caring relatives or to promote the independence and self-determination of those in need of care in everyday life.
Persons in need of care in home care are entitled to a relief amount of up to 125 euros per month (i.e. a total of up to 1,500 euros per year). This also applies to persons in need of care of the care level 1. The amount is earmarked for quality-assured services to relieve the burden on caring relatives and to promote the independence and self-determination of those in need of care in the design of their everyday lives.
Insofar as the monthly benefit amount has not been fully utilised in a calendar month, the remaining amount shall be transferred to the following calendar months. Amounts of benefits that have not yet been used at the end of the calendar year may still be carried over until the end of the following calendar half-year.
The amount may be used for:
- day or night care services,
- services of short-term care,
- benefits of the approved nursing services (in care grades 2 to 5, but not for self-sufficiency services) or
- Services of the offers recognized under state law for support in everyday life.
In order to receive reimbursement for the expenses incurred, supporting documents must be submitted to the care fund or the private insurance company with which the person in need of care is insured. The supporting documents submitted and the application for reimbursement of the costs must show:
- in connection with which of the above-mentioned services (services of day or night care, services of short-term care, services of outpatient care services and / and services recognized under state law for support in everyday life) the persons in need of care have incurred self-burdens and
- the amount of the costs incurred for this purpose are to be reimbursed from the discharge amount.
As far as services of day or night care or short-term care are concerned, it is in accordance with the practice of the care funds that also in connection with these services incurred cost shares for accommodation and food can be reimbursed from the relief amount.
Please ask your care fund which documents are required and whether there is a special application form.
For people in need of care in home care from care level 1.
§ 45b Eleventh Book of the Social Code (SGB XI)
You must apply for the relief amount at the care fund.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication