Driving licence: extension - Category C and D driving licence Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Driving licences for categories C, CE, CE79, C1, C1E (trucks) and D, DE, D1, D1E (bus) are issued for a limited period of time and may be renewed.
The driving licence of these classes shall be issued or renewed for the following periods at the most:
- valid until the age of 50
- after the 45th year of the applicant's age: for five years
- Classes C, CE, CE79, D, D1, DE and D1E : for five years
Note: A new driving licence will be issued with the extension.
- Identity card or passport with current confirmation of registration
- previous driving licence
- a current photo (biometric) that complies with the provisions of the Passport Ordinance of 19 October 2007 (BGBl. I p. 2007, 2386)
- ophthalmological report on the examination of the vision or certificate of an ophthalmologist in accordance with Section 12 (6) i.V.m. Appendix 6 Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV). You can have this opinion prepared by your ophthalmologist or by an occupational and occupational physician. At the time of application, the certificate may not be older than two years.
- medical certificate of physical and mental fitness on official form in accordance with Section 11 (9) i.V.m Appendix 5 FeV. There is an official form for this certificate, which doctors usually have at their disposal. You can have the certificate prepared by any doctor. When applying, the certificate may not be older than one year.
for the extension of classes
D, DE, D1 and D1E (BUS)
from the age of 50:
in addition, a
performance psychological report
in accordance with Section 11 (9) i.V.m Appendix 5 No. 2 FeV.
- Performance psychological examination includes, for example, a check of resilience, responsiveness, orientation and concentration capacity. Proof of compliance with these special requirements shall be provided by means of an occupational or occupational health report or by an expert opinion of an officially recognised assessment body for driving suitability. When applying, the certificate may not be older than one year.
- in addition, a performance psychological report in accordance with Section 11 (9) i.V.m Appendix 5 No. 2 FeV.
- For driving licence category D, a certificate of approval of the document type "0" (official certificate of leadership) must be applied for at the municipality of residence. This is sent directly by the Federal Office of Justice to the driving licence authority. A private certificate of leadership is not sufficient.
- from the age of 50:
§ 12 Abs. 6 Fahrerlaubnisverordnung (FeV)
§ 11 Abs. 9 i.V.m Anlage 5 Nr. 2 Fahrerlaubnisverordnung(FeV)
The request must be made in person.
§ 24 Verordnung über die Zulassung von Personen zum Straßenverkehr (FeV)
§ 23 Verordnung über die Zulassung von Personen zum Straßenverkehr (FeV)
Verordnung über die Zulassung von Personen zum Straßenverkehr (FeV)
§ 2 Straßenverkehrsgesetz (StVG)
Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt)
Responsible for the content
AG Municipal editorial staff
Last update or date of publication