Journeyman examination: Approval Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
At the end of a recognised vocational training in the craft sector, you must prove your professional skills in the journeyman examination as a trainee.
To be admitted to the final audit, you must
- have completed the training period prescribed in the Training Regulations,
- have completed prescribed intermediate examinations and have carried out proof of training.
- register for the exam or have your instructor register.
In addition, your vocational training relationship must be entered in the apprenticeship role. This does not apply if the entry is missing for a reason that neither the apprentice (trainee) nor his legal representative is responsible for.
Those who have been trained at a vocational training institution are also admitted if that course corresponds to vocational training in a recognised training occupation. In the case of corresponding benefits, trainees may also be admitted to the final examination after consultation before the end of their training period.
Persons who have not completed vocational training but who have been in sufficient practice in the profession or who have demonstrated their professional capacity in any other way shall be admitted to examination as an external person.
If the journeyman examination is carried out in two parts that differ in time, the admission will be decided separately.
The Chairman of the Examination Committee decides on admission to the journeyman examination. If it does not consider the admission requirements to be met, the Selection Board shall decide.
For the acceptance of the final and retraining examination, examination committees are set up by the Chamber of Crafts.
As a result of the tests, an examination certificate is issued to the test subject.
- Completed admission form
For the initial test:
- Copy of the certificate of participation in the intermediate examination
- Prescribed training certificate booklets or report booklets
- Copy of the certificate of participation in compulsory instruction
For the retest:
- In the event of an extension of the vocational training relationship, a copy of the vocational training contract or a copy of the application for an extension of the vocational training relationship
Apprentices must be exempted from taking part in examinations. For the period of leave, the trainees are paid the training allowance.
People with disabilities should already draw attention to their special concerns when registering for the final examination, so that these can be taken into account when carrying out the final examination.
Apprentices who have taken parental leave must not suffer any disadvantage when deciding on admission.
Section 36 ff. Crafts Code (HwO)
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication