Apply for the designation as a testing body for biowaste investigations in waste management
If you want to work as an investigation body for biobfall investigations in waste management, you must be designated by the competent authority.
If you want to control treatment plants for biowaste to ensure that hygienisation processes are carried out in accordance with the regulations and that requirements with regard to pollutants and other parameters are complied with, you must apply to the competent authority to designate you as the inspection body. The provision applies to the whole of Germany.
Evidence and information on the required expertise, independence, reliability and equipment must be submitted. If necessary, further documents must be provided after further inquiries from the competent authority. If you are active nationwide, the authority may require that you provide a valid accreditation for compliance with the requirements of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, which refers to the parameters and examination procedures in accordance with Annexes 2 and 3 BioAbfV.
- Written form required: Yes
- Personal appearance necessary: No
You have the necessary expertise, independence, reliability and equipment. You have submitted the application in the country in which you have your place of business. If they are located abroad, submit the application in the country in which you want to carry out this activity as a priority.
Required documents ( according to Part I, 3.2 of the WASTE MODULE):
- Copy of the accreditation certificate with certificate attachment
- Copy of the last proficiency test
- Designation of the parameter scope of the application in accordance with the Biowaste Ordinance (BioAbfV)
- Certificates of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, in the original) of all business owners or managing directors
- Certificate of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, in the original) of the laboratory management
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, in the original) of all business owners or managing directors as well as for the company
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, in the original) of the laboratory management
- Current articles of association with details of the natural or legal persons authorised to represent the company as well as a current extract from the commercial register
- Insurance policy via risk-adequate financial loss liability insurance
- list of internal and external samplers; Contract between the investigating body and the sampler or between the investigating body and the employing body/employer of the external sampler
As part of the designation of an investigation body, a declaration of commitment and consent on the transfer of information between the Länder, the accreditation body and RESYMESA must be signed, as well as a list of accreditation and notification of the investigation body for the requested parameters in accordance with BioAbfV in other Federal States must be submitted.
§ 3 paragraph 8 sentence 1 as well as paragraphs 8a and 8b Biowaste Ordinance (BioAbfV)
§ 4 paragraph 9 sentence 1 Biowaste Ordinance (BioAbfV)
§ 9 paragraph 2 sentence 6 Biowaste Ordinance (BioAbfV)
You submit an informal application to the authority of the country in which you have your registered office for designation as an investigation body for biobfall investigations. Attach the required documents. If necessary, the authority will request further application documents. After examination by the competent authority, you will receive a written notification as to whether the designation as an investigating body is carried out. The announcement is then made via the ReSyMeSa search system. The authority may provide the provision with a reservation of revocation, a time limit, with conditions, obligations and the reservation of conditions.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection
Last update or date of publication