Apply for the provision as a testing centre for waste wood in waste management
If you want to act as an investigation body for waste wood in waste management, you must be designated by the competent authority.
If you want to check waste wood treatment plants to ensure that waste wood is recycled there without damage, you must apply to the competent authority to designate you as the inspection body. The provision applies to the whole of Germany.
Operators of treatment plants for the processing of waste wood for the production of wood-based materials are obliged to carry out quarterly investigations into the pollutant levels of waste wood. These investigations shall be carried out by independent control bodies designated by a central body. The investigations are to be carried out in accordance with the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV).
Upon request, the investigation bodies are determined after a review, which is based on § 6 and Annex II to § 3 paragraph 1 of the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV) and the "Waste Specialist Module". The specialist module regulates the requirements for the quality of examination centres within the framework of the Circular Economy Act (KrWG) and the regulations based on it. In the specialist module, personnel, operational and technical equipment requirements are defined. The provision is also referred to as 'notification'.
With this provision, the investigating body is obliged, among other things, to participate annually in the round robin tests carried out nationwide.
Evidence and information on the required expertise, independence, reliability and equipment must be submitted. If necessary, further documents must be provided after further inquiries from the competent authority. If you are active nationwide, the authority may require that you provide a valid accreditation for compliance with the requirements of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, which refers to the parameters and examination procedures in accordance with Annex IV Waste Wood Ordinance.
- Written form required: Yes
- Personal appearance necessary: No
They have the necessary expertise, independence, reliability and equipment. You have submitted the application in the country in which you have your place of business. If they are located abroad, submit the application in the country in which you want to carry out this activity as a priority.
- Copy of the accreditation certificate with certificate attachment
- Copy of the last proficiency test
- Naming of the parameter scope of the application in accordance with the Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV)
- Certificates of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, in the original) of all business owners or managing directors
- Certificate of good conduct (document type OG, not older than 3 months, in the original) of the laboratory management
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, in the original) of all business owners or managing directors as well as for the company
- Information from the Central Trade Register (document type 9, not older than 3 months, in the original) of the laboratory management
- Current articles of association with details of the natural or legal persons authorised to represent the company as well as a current extract from the commercial register
- Insurance policy via risk-adequate financial loss liability insurance
- list of internal and external samplers; Contract between the investigating body and the sampler or between the investigating body and the employing body/employer of the external sampler
As part of the approval of an investigation body, a declaration of commitment and consent on the transfer of information between the länder, the accreditation body and RESYMESA must be signed, as well as a list of accreditation and notification of the examination body for the requested parameters in accordance with the AltholzV in other federal states must be submitted.
§ 6 para. 6 sentence 1 as well as para. 7 and 8 waste wood ordinance (AltholzV)
Bund/Länder Arbeitsgemeinschaft Abfall - Fachmodul Abfall
Circular Economy Act (KrWG) Annex II
§ 3 paragraph 1 Waste Wood Ordinance (AltholzV)
You submit an informal application to the authority of the country in which you have your registered office for designation as an investigation body for waste wood. Attach the required documents. If necessary, the authority will request further application documents. After examination by the competent authority, you will receive a written notification as to whether the designation as an investigating body is carried out. This is followed by an inclusion of the institution in the research system ReSyMeSa. The authority may provide the provision with a reservation of revocation, a time limit, with conditions, obligations and the reservation of conditions.
Research system ReSyMeSa
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection
Last update or date of publication