Recognition of experts according to building code law
Test experts for technical installations and facilities must be recognised. This is done by the highest building supervisory authority on request.
On behalf of the client or the other person responsible under building code law, audit experts check and certify the effectiveness and operational safety of technical systems and facilities in need of examination under building regulations in their respective specialist areas.
The test experts are independent within the scope of the audit tasks incumbent on them and are not bound by instructions from the client.
Test experts for technical installations and facilities must be recognised by the competent body.
Decisive for the recognition is the ordinance on recognized experts for the examination of technical systems according to building code law. Thereafter, a person is recognised as an expert or expert upon request up to the age of 70.
Ordinance on Recognised Experts for the Testing of Technical Installations in accordance with Building Regulations Law (Bauordnungsrechtliche Sachverständigenverordnung - BauSVO)
- Birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae with complete indication of the professional career and professional practice up to the time of application
- Copy or copy of the final certificate of the training institution as well as all certificates of previous employment
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority in the original
- Declaration by the expert that he/she only carries out audits to the best of his or her knowledge and belief and that his/her impartiality is respected
- Meet and prove the general requirements as well as the special requirements for the corresponding field of study (including proof of professional experience and special knowledge)
- Registered office in Lower Saxony
§ 2 Building Code Expert Ordinance (BauSVO)
§ 3 Building Code Expert Ordinance (BauSVO)
Proof of the required knowledge is provided in a review procedure that includes a written and an oral examination.
The application shall indicate for which of the following technical installations and devices recognition is sought:
- CO warning systems,
- smoke extraction systems,
- fire extinguishing systems,
- fire detection and alarm systems,
- Safety power supply systems including emergency lighting.
Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection
Last update or date of publication