Test Engineers for Structural Analysis: Recognition

Test engineer for stability is anyone who is recognized as such by the responsible body. Other persons may not use this designation. In order to be recognized as a test engineer for stability, the applicant must undergo an extensive examination of his/her knowledge and skills.

The recognition of a test engineer for stability takes place for one or more of the following disciplines:

  • Solid construction
  • Metal
  • Wood construction

No documents are required.


To be admitted to this test, the following conditions must be met:

  • at least 10 years of experience in setting up stability certificates
  • at least 1 year of experience in technical construction management and property supervision
  • at least 2 years of independent (i.e. self-employed) work as a structural engineer


  • Work as a full-time university lecturer (professor)

In addition, it must be proven that construction projects of high difficulty have already been processed.


An advisory board formed by the competent authority decides on the professional suitability of the applicant by means of a written expert opinion.

There is no legal entitlement to recognition. Recognition does not give rise to any entitlement to the award of test contracts.

Related Links

  • § 3 Bautechnische Prüfungsverordnung (BauPrüfVO)
  • § 1 Para. 1 i.V.m. Nos. 11.3 and 11.4 Annex 1 BauGO

Responsible for the content
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality

Last update or date of publication