Authorisations for import, transit, export and intra-Community movements in accordance with animal health legislation Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You must obtain a permit for imports, transit and occasionally for the export and intra-Community movements of animals and animal products in accordance with Paragraph 1 of the Internal Market Animal Health Protection Regulation (BmTierSSchV) and of goods which may be carriers of contagious substances. This shall not apply to animals and goods originating in a third country which are accompanied by a certificate and for which there is no authorisation requirement. Authorisation may not be granted if there is a fear of the spread of animal disease. products and products that are not compatible with the laws in force in Germany, except for food intended exclusively for scientific purposes, trade fairs, exhibitions or similar events, food samples and samples in small quantities, may not be moved to the country. Their transit requires customs supervision.

All applications can be made informally in writing, by fax or email. If certificates have to be attached according to predetermined samples, the official veterinarian may provide information.

Many trade and travel issues affecting livestock and pets are subject to constant changes due to changing animal health conditions worldwide, so it is recommended to check with the local veterinarian in advance. Further information is available from the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV).
Section 1, 9 Internal Market Animal Health Ordinance (BmTierSSchV) Veterinary Administration Costs Ordinance (VetKostVO M-V)

Related Links

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication
No information available