- Re-invoicing of a marriage concluded abroad. - A marriage concluded abroad can be re-certified in a German marriage register, regardless of the date of marriage.

A marriage concluded abroad is recognised here if the regulations in force in the country of marriage have been observed and the marriage has been concluded before a legally authorised person. Proof of this is grds. the marriage certificate. If the document was not written in German, a translation is required in many cases. have them re-certified in a German marriage register. There is no obligation to apply for re-declaration. But of course there are advantages to this: you have the possibility to have a marriage certificate issued to us at any time in case your foreign certificate is lost and you have a German certificate as proof of your marriage, which facilitates the handling of authorities and other institutions.

Marriage certificate (marriage certificate) on the marriage concluded abroad, if necessary with certification by the competent foreign authority (apostille) or legalisation by the German diplomatic mission abroad valid identity card, passport or passport Naturalization certificate, citizenship card if applicable At the birth of the spouses in Germany: certified copies of the birth registers from the registry offices of the places of birth At the birth of the spouses abroad: the birth certificates with certification by the competent foreign authority (apostille) or legalisation by the German diplomatic mission abroad Has a spouse been married before: certified copy from the marriage register of the last marriage with notice of dissolution Replacement or in the case of previous marriages abroad: proof of the closing and dissolution of all marriages - for example, marriage certificates, death certificates, all divorce judgments (full and with note from the court, since when the judgment is final ("legal opinion")) if necessary, recognition of foreign divorce by the President of the Higher Regional Court Had a spouse ever established a registered civil partnership: evidence of the establishment and dissolution of all civil partnerships Translations of all documents in foreign language by translators sworn in domestically Further documents may be required on a case-by-case basis.

The marriage was concluded abroad and at least one of the partners has German nationality. None of the partners has a residence, or habitual residence, domestically.
Art. 11 sec. 1 ETUC Art. 13 sec. 14 ETUC Art. 17b ETUC Section 34 PStG Section 39 PStG Section 41 PStG

A person with German nationality has married abroad. The person does not have a domicile or habitual residence in Germany and submits the application for registration in the marriage register, at the competent registry office 1 in Berlin. The registry office 1 in Berlin examines the application and certifies the marriage if it has obtained the conviction on the basis of the evidence provided that the marriage has been concluded.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Home Affairs and Europe Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania

Last update or date of publication