Receive a pension from the statutory accident insurance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you are permanently unable to work after an accident at work or because of an occupational illness, you will receive a pension from the statutory accident insurance.
After an insured event, you may be entitled to a pension from the statutory accident insurance.
An insured event is defined as:
- Accidents at work
- commuting accidents (for example, on the way to work) and
- occupational diseases.
You will receive a pension
- if your earning capacity is permanently reduced as a result of one or more insured events (reduction in earning capacity) or
- if the consequences of previous insured events worsen over time.
The reduction in earning capacity indicates the extent to which work opportunities are restricted. It does not take into account your previous work, but your entire working life.
In the case of young insured persons, the reduction in earning capacity is based on the effects that would arise in the case of adults with the same health impairment.
The amount of the pension depends on:
- the amount of the reduction in earning capacity and
- the amount of annual earnings (total amount of wages and income from work in the 12 months preceding the month in which the insured event occurred).
You do not need to submit any documentation.
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Serviceportal der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung
You are entitled to a pension if your earning capacity is reduced by
- as a result of one or more insured events
- beyond the 26th week after the insured event and
- by at least 20 percent
as a result of one or more insured events.
§ 56 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
Informationen zur Rente für Versicherte auf der Internetseite des Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung
Your entitlement to a statutory accident insurance pension is determined ex officio. As a rule, you do not therefore need to submit an application. You will receive a decision following the determination.
If the consequences of an insured event worsen, you can submit an informal application for a pension to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund. You will receive a decision following the assessment.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication