Making a claim for travel and transport costs for medical treatment if you have an accident at work or an occupational disease Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Following a recognised accident at work or an occupational disease, you can claim reimbursement for related travel and transportation expenses.

Costs which may be covered by your statutory accident insurance provider include, for example:

  • Costs of transportation by public transport
  • Costs of transportation by private car
  • Costs of transportation by other means of transport (e.g. taxi or ambulance)
  • Travel expenses (e.g. meals and accommodation costs)

Simply submit your supporting documents to your accident insurance provider by uploading them online. No additional application is necessary.

Proof of costs, invoices and receipts in PDF, JPG, TIF, PNG format

Forms: none.
Can I apply online? You can upload your proof of costs using a web form.
Do I need to apply in writing? No.
Do I need to attend in person? No.

Related Links

  • DGUV online portal


  • You have had a recognised accident at work or whilst commuting
  • You suffer from a recognised occupational disease

Related Links

  • Section 43 of Book VII of the German Social Code (SGB)

Related Links

  • Information from the DGUV (German Social Accident Insurance) on the benefits and services provided by statutory accident insurance

Proof of costs must be submitted to your insurance provider online using a web form.

  • Answer the questions on the online form to complete it. Then upload the supporting documents in one of the permitted file formats and send off the completed web form. Make sure you have the name of your accident insurance provider and file number to hand before filling in the form.
  • Your documents will be automatically forwarded to your accident insurance provider. You will then receive notification from your insurer by post, and the expenses will be refunded to the bank account they have on record for you.

Related Links

  • Serviceportal der DGUV zur Online-Einreichung der Belege

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication