Apply for video funding Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you release a German theatrical film on DVD, Video-on-Demand or Blu-ray Disc, you can apply for funding under certain conditions.
The German Federal Film Board (FFA) promotes the release and market launch of German theatrical films on DVD and/or VoD.
You can receive funding of up to EUR 600,000 for the following measures:
Release costs of films on DVD: up to EUR 600,000
Release costs include, but are not limited to:
- DVD production and duplication
- production of foreign language versions of the films
- Packaging and transport- film-related advertisements in the film trade press, advertising trailers
- promotional material
- Release costs include, but are not limited to:
Release costs of the films as video-on-demand (VoD): up to EUR 600,000
- Only the costs of releasing individual films are eligible.
- Exceptional or exemplary publicity measures: up to EUR 150,000
- Production of foreign language versions: up to EUR 600,000
- Special expenditure on the sale of children's films and other films suitable for children and young people: up to EUR 150,000
- Measures to expand existing sales markets and develop new ones: up to EUR 300,000
- Measures of contractually agreed cooperation aimed at improving sales: up to EUR 300,000
You submit your application online to the German Federal Film Board (FFA).
The Commission for Distribution, Sales and Video Promotion decides on your application 6 times a year.
You have no legal claim to the granting of funding.
You may submit applications for video funding at the same time as applications for distribution funding.
You must submit with your application:
Information on the applicant
registered office and legal form of the company
- Indication of whether the company is a micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- Sales tax identification number (USt-IdNr.),
- If applicable, an excerpt from the commercial register
- Cost breakdown and financing plan
- Intended number of DVDs to be sold
- Licence agreement and proof of the amount, type and payment of guarantees granted
- Commercial register or association register excerpt of the applicant
- Viewing DVD or comparable medium with the project to be funded
- Voluntary Self-Regulation of the Film Industry (FSK) certificate
- BAFA certificate
- Rating "especially valuable" of the German Film and Media Rating (FBW), if relevant
- Description of measures/marketing concept
Once your application has been approved, you must submit:
For the disbursement of the first instalment you must submit:
- Confirmation of own funds by bank or tax advisor/auditor
- preliminary BAFA certificate for international co-productions
- FSK certificate video
- Placing of order for final costs audit with final costs auditing company
For the disbursement of the final instalment you have to submit
- Proof of use
- Audit report of the auditing company for final costs
- Final BAFA certificate
- first revenue statement
- DVD receipt, if applicable
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form necessary: yes
Personal appearance: no
Online-Antrag auf Videoförderung - Digitale Antragsannahme auf der Internetseite der Filmförderungsanstalt (FFA)
Antragsformular Erlösabrechnung Videoförderung
Applications may be submitted by
- with a registered office or branch in Germany:
- Video distribution companies
- providers of video-on-demand services
- foreign providers, if they pay a film levy
§§ 115 bis 126 Filmförderungsgesetz 2017 (FFG)
D.10 Richtlinie für die Projektförderung des Absatzes von mit Filmen bespielten Bildträgern
D.11 Richtlinie für die Projektförderung des Film- und Videoabsatzes
Weitere Informationen auf der Internestseite der Filmförderungsanstalt (FFA)
FAQ Fragen und Antworten zur Förderung von Videoprogrammanbietern auf der Internetseite der FFA
You must submit the application online to the German Federal Film Board (FFA).
- First arrange a personal or telephone consultation with the FFA. During this meeting, you will receive important information about the requirements and application process. You will also have the opportunity to clarify any open questions.
- Submit your application online via the FFA website.
- Once you have uploaded your complete application to the database, an application form will be generated.
- Print it out.
- Submit the completed and signed application form to the FFA by mail.
- Your application will be processed and reviewed by the FFA's Grants Department.
- Once complete, your application will be submitted to the Distribution, Sales and Video Grants Commission.
- If the Commission approves your application, you will receive an award notice in the mail.
- The grant will be paid in 2 installments.
- The first installment of 75 percent will be paid after verification of closed funding. It will also be paid after confirmation of the own funds by a bank or a tax consultant or auditor.
The second instalment of 25 percent is paid after completion of the measure and verification of the final costs by an auditing company.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication