Apply for additional winter allowance as a supplementary benefit to the seasonal short-time allowance. Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your company belongs to the construction industry or is treated as such and your employees work in a weather-dependent job, you can, under certain conditions, receive additional winter allowance and pay it to your employees.
The additional winter allowance is paid as a supplementary benefit for eligible working hours for employees who are employed in a weather-dependent job. A job is weather-dependent if employees are exposed to the weather, e.g. snowfall, rain, frost. The additional winter allowance is limited to companies in the
- in the building trade,
- the scaffolding trade,
- the roofing trade and
- gardening and landscaping.
Your employees are entitled to an additional winter allowance of EUR 1.00 per hour worked in a weather-dependent workplace.
You can only claim the additional winter allowance for the period from 15 December to the last calendar day of February. The number of working hours that can be taken into account is
- up to 90 hours of work in December
- in January and February up to 180 hours each.
Mehraufands-Wintergeld can only be paid to employees who are subject to compulsory insurance. These are salaried employees whose employment contracts cannot be terminated for weather-related reasons during the bad weather period under the collective agreements. Salaried workers and foremen are not eligible.
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
Settlement list for seasonal short-time allowance (S-Kug) and supplementary benefits - annex to the claim for benefits
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Antrag auf Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld (S-Kug) und ergänzende Leistungen
Abrechnungsliste für Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld (S-Kug) und ergänzende Leistungen - Anlage zum Leistungsantrag
Online-Portal der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Beantragung von Leistungen
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Dienststellenfinder
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA)
You can only apply for winter allowance for the period from 15 December to the last calendar day of February. You are only entitled to the extra work winter allowance for
- employees whose employment cannot be terminated during the bad weather period for reasons related to the weather, and
- hours worked in a weather-related job.
Your company must also
- belong to the building trade, scaffolding trade, roofing trade or the gardening and landscaping trade and
- employ at least 1 employee.
The receipt of MWG is tax-free. However, it is taken into account when determining the tax rate to which your other taxable income is subject (progression proviso).
§ 102 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
§ 133 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Merkblatt 8d der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld
Informationen zum Kurzarbeitergeld auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
You can apply for the Mehraufwands-Wintergeld in writing or online.
If you want to apply for the Mehraufwands-Wintergeld in writing:
- You calculate the pay and the additional winter allowance.
- You pay the wage and the additional winter allowance to your employees and pay social insurance contributions.
- You submit a monthly retroactive application for reimbursement of the additional winter allowance to the relevant office of the Employment Agency (application for seasonal short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The Employment Agency checks the application and the payroll list.
- If your application is approved, you will receive the winter allowance.
- After the end of the bad weather period, the Employment Agency will check the submitted accounts as part of a final check and, if necessary, correct the approved additional winter allowance.
If you want to apply for the Mehraufwands-Wintergeld online:
- Call up the "eServices" portal on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
- Log in with your user ID and call up the application for seasonal short-time allowance.
- Fill out the application, upload the payroll list and submit the application.
- The Employment Agency will check your application and documents. You will receive a decision on your application from the Employment Agency.
- The remaining procedural steps correspond to the written procedure.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication