Apply for winter allowance as a supplementary benefit instead of seasonal short-time allowance Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your company belongs to the main construction trade or has the same status and you have work absences during the so-called bad weather period, you can receive winter allowance under certain conditions and thus partially compensate for the loss of pay of your employees.
If a construction company cannot carry out construction work between December and March due to snow, seasonal short-time allowance or supplementary benefits can partially compensate for the loss of pay. It is designed to take the pressure off your business and help save jobs.
The winter allowance is limited to companies in the main
- in the main construction trade,
- the scaffolding trade,
- the roofing trade and
- gardening and landscaping.
The winter allowance is intended to relieve the burden on your business and help you to preserve jobs. In order for you to receive the winter allowance, the law requires that your company compensates for or avoids loss of pay by releasing working time credits for this purpose. Employees can be granted winter allowance of up to EUR 2.50 net per hour for each hour worked in the working time account if this avoids the need to claim seasonal short-time allowance. The winter allowance is limited to lost hours that fall within the regular working hours of the enterprise. Overtime lost, on the other hand, cannot be partially compensated with winter allowance.
The period is limited to the months of December to March.
Supplementary winter allowance can only be paid to employees who are subject to compulsory insurance. Salaried employees and foremen are not eligible.
Special feature: In companies in the scaffolding trade, the winter allowance is EUR 1.03 per hour and is limited to the months of November to March. The regulation for the scaffolding trade is currently valid for a limited period until 31.03.2021.
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
Settlement list for seasonal short-time allowance (S-Kug) and supplementary benefits - annex to the claim for benefits
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Antrag auf Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld (S-Kug) und ergänzende Leistungen
Abrechnungsliste für Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld (S-Kug) und ergänzende Leistungen - Anlage zum Leistungsantrag
Online-Portal der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zur Beantragung von Leistungen
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA)
Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA), Dienststellenfinder
You can apply for winter allowance in the event of
- temporary and unavoidable loss of working hours
- for economic reasons or
- for weather-related reasons or
- as a result of an unavoidable event and
- Dissolution of working time credits so that no seasonal short-time allowance is claimed.
- Your business belongs to the main construction trade, scaffolding trade, roofing trade or gardening and landscaping trade.
- Your business or business department employs at least 1 worker.
- Employees who are employed commercially and subject to compulsory insurance and who have not been given notice and with whom no termination agreement has been concluded.
- Working time credit is canceled
The receipt of grant winter allowance is tax-free.
§ 102 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
§ 133 Absatz 4 Sozialgesetzbuch Drittes Buch (SGB III)
Merkblatt 8d der Bundesagentur für Arbeit zum Saison-Kurzarbeitergeld
Informationen auf der Internetseite der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
You can apply for the grant winter allowance in writing or online.
If you want to apply for the winter allowance in writing:
- You dissolve the working time credit to compensate for the employees' loss of working time.
- You pay the remuneration and the winter allowance to your employees for each hour of the working time credit and pay social security contributions.
- You apply for reimbursement of the winter allowance monthly in arrears at the responsible office of the Employment Agency (application for seasonal short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The Employment Agency checks the application and the payroll list; approved winter allowance is transferred.
- After the end of the bad weather period, the Employment Agency checks the submitted settlements and corrects the approved winter allowance if necessary.
If you want to apply for the winter allowance online:
- Access the "eServices" portal on the Federal Employment Agency's website.
- Log in with your user ID and call up the application for seasonal short-time allowance.
- Fill out the application, upload the payroll list and send the application.
- The Employment Agency will review your application and documentation.
- You will receive a decision on your application from the Employment Agency.
The remaining procedural steps correspond to the written procedure.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication