Obtain information on the indexation clause Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you would like information on capital gains clauses, you can access them online.
The Federal Statistical Office (StBA) is a German higher federal authority. It collects, collates and analyses statistical information on the economy, society and the environment, and provides information on value protection clauses, among other things.
If you have a contract with a capitalization clause, you can use the calculation help to determine whether an adjustment can be made. For example, you can determine whether a rent increase is due or whether the amount of maintenance payments can already be adjusted.
To do this, you must enter the values from your contract in the calculation help. Among other things, you have to enter
- The calculation method,
- The index on which the calculation is based,
- the amount of the necessary index change,
- the reference date and
- the calculation time.
This way, you do not have to worry about the actual calculation, omitted indices and calculation bases.
You must call up the information for indexation clauses online from the Federal Statistical Office (StBA).
- Forms: no
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
Rechenhilfe zu Anpassung von Verträgen
§557b Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (BGB) zur "Indexmiete" Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (BGB)
Informationen zum Verbraucherpreisindex auf der Internetseite des Statistischen Bundesamts
You have to retrieve the information for capital gains clauses online on the website of the Federal Statistical Office.
- You go to the website of the Federal Statistical Office. There, the application will guide you step by step through the necessary information.
- You will then be informed whether an adjustment is already possible. In addition, the threshold values and the percentage change are displayed.
- It is also possible to calculate a monetary amount directly. You can print this result together with your entries and take it to your contract partner or lawyer.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs (BMI)
Last update or date of publication