Provide information for abortion statistics Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You have been asked by the Federal Statistical Office to report data for the abortion statistics? Then you can submit your data via an online form.
The Federal Statistical Office (StBA) collects and publishes data on the topics of health and care, for example, to answer questions about affordability and to provide a basis for action for policymakers.
For this reason, the Federal Statistical Office collects abortion statistics on a quarterly basis. These statistics provide an overview of the size, structure and development of abortions in Germany and also of selected circumstances of the women concerned. It provides important information in connection with assistance for pregnant women in conflict situations as well as measures to protect unborn life.
The Federal Statistical Office collects the data from hospitals and doctors' offices. These report quarterly data on abortions performed.
As managers of hospitals or owners of medical practices, you are legally obligated to report the data of your facilities. You are required to report if abortions are performed in your facility or were performed within 2 years prior to the current quarter end.
You can send the data to the Federal Statistical Office via the survey portal of the Federal and State Statistical Offices or via the online reporting procedure IDEV. You can also commission other persons with the reporting, for example your secretariat or physicians employed by you.
You do not need to submit any other documents.
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
- You are supposed to report abortions.
- You have received a letter from the Federal Statistical Office with the access data for IDEV.
§ 15 Gesetz zur Vermeidung und Bewältigung von Schwangerschaftskonflikten (Schwangerschaftskonfliktgesetz - SchKG)
§ 10 Absatz 6 Gesetz über die Entgelte für voll- und teilstationäre Krankenhausleistungen (Krankenhausentgeltgesetz - KHEntgG)
Themenseite "Schwangerschaftsabbruchstatistik" auf der Internetseite des Statistischen Bundesamts
Weiterführende Informationen zum Melden mit IDEV
You are required to provide information for the abortion statistics and have received a letter from the Federal Statistical Office.
Proceed as follows:
- In the letter you will find access data for the online reporting system IDEV.
- Log in to the survey portal of the federal and state statistical offices. Follow the respective instructions to use the online reporting system IDEV.
If you are reporting for the first time, change the initial password to one of your own choosing.
- If you already have a password but have forgotten it, click on "Forgot your password?". You can use this link to request a new initial password.
- In the opened online form, enter the abortions. Fill in the information completely for each abortion.
- Submit the completed online form in IDEV.
- IDEV automatically generates a receipt of successful form submission that you can save.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)
Last update or date of publication