Submitting data to the Federal Statistical Office as a company in the wholesale sector Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If the Federal Statistical Office asks you to do so, you must submit certain data as a company in the wholesale trade.
The Federal Statistical Office (StBA) continuously collects and analyzes data on the German economy and other areas of society. The StBA prepares the data and makes results available. Among other things, these statistics serve as a basis for action by policymakers.
For this reason, there is an obligation for companies to provide information. Not all companies are surveyed, but companies are randomly selected according to scientific methods. If your company receives a corresponding request from the StBA, you must provide the data requested. The StBA requests certain data on a monthly basis, others on an annual basis.
This applies to companies in the wholesale trade with the exception of the area of motor vehicles and motorcycles.
The data you must submit monthly may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Number of persons working
- States in which your company has establishments.
The data you must submit annually may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Main economic activity carried out
- number of branches
- number of active persons
You do not need to submit any documents.
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
The obligation to provide information to the Federal Statistical Office applies to companies in the wholesale trade sector. The area of wholesale trade in motor vehicles and motorcycles is excluded.
Handels- und Dienstleistungsstatistikgesetz (HdlDlStatG)
Informationen zur Datenübermittlung mit IDEV auf dem Erhebungsportal der Statistischen Ämter des Bundes und der Länder
Informationen zur Datenübermittlung über die Schnittstelle CORE auf dem Erhebungsportal der Statistischen Ämter des Bundes und der Länder
Informationen zu den Methoden der Erhebung auf der Internetseite des Statistischen Bundesamtes
If your company is selected, submit your data as follows:
- You will receive a letter requesting you to submit your data to the Federal Statistical Office. You can find out which information is required in your case from the online form provided.
Log on to the survey portal of the federal and state statistical offices. Follow the respective instructions to use the reporting procedure that suits you:
IDEV: Submit the data via electronic online forms. An automatic completion assistant will assist you.
- You have received the access data for IDEV with the letter.
Only possible for monthly data transmission: eSTATISTIK.CORE: Compile the data electronically in your respective software system in an automated way, provided that your software company has provided corresponding functionalities. As a rule, you can check the data on the screen before transmission. Then transmit the data to the Federal Statistical Office using the software provided.
- If necessary, you must register once with your software company in order to use eSTATISTIK.CORE.
- IDEV: Submit the data via electronic online forms. An automatic completion assistant will assist you.
- If necessary, the Federal Statistical Office will ask you to complete your data.
- You will receive a confirmation for the transmission of your data.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection (BMWK)
Last update or date of publication