VAT: information on the general rules, rates and exemptions, registering for and paying VAT, obtaining a refund

Turnover tax, also referred to as value-added tax in an international context, is essentially managed by the state financial authorities. Individual tasks are performed by the Federal Central Tax Office.

You will find further information on the websites of the Federal Ministry of Finance, the Federal Central Tax Office and the portals of the Federal states.

Bundeszentralamt für Steuern

Bundesministerium der Finanzen (Federal Ministry of Finance)

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Finance

Last update or date of publication