Taking up employment in another Member State Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
The free movement of workers is one of the fundamental freedoms of the EU. It entitles nationals of EU Member States, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, to choose to work in any of these countries if they wish. They do not require a work permit to do so. They have the same access to employment in all of the aforementioned countries as nationals of those countries. This means that they and their family members have a right of residence allowing them to live and work there. Nationals of any of the aforementioned countries may also travel to another Member State and reside there while looking for a job. However, this right only applies for up to 6 months. Beyond that, the jobseeker must be able to prove that they are still looking for a job and have a reasonable chance of being recruited (Section 2(2), point 1a of the German Law on freedom of movement of Union citizens ( Freizügigkeitsgesetz/EU )).
The EURES network, a cooperation network of European labour administrations and other employment services, provides support to people looking to find a job, undergo training or carry out an apprenticeship in another European country. The EURES advisers, who form part of a Europe-wide network, help jobseekers and other people looking for advice by providing them with information and mediation services.
The EURES portal offers self-study resources and ability to create a personal jobseeker profile in order to look for specific jobs.
- Find job offers across Europe and submit application documents
- Information on living and working conditions in Europe
- List of all EURES advisers across Europe
- List of all EURES members and EURES partners in Germany and other Member States
- A multilingual resource for foreign workers about living and working in Germany
- Personal advice is available from specialist EURES advisers via webchat, telephone or email
Virtual Welcome Centre of the International Placement Service (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung (ZAV))
- Information about current employment opportunities in Germany ( Tel. +49 2287131313)
Federal Employment Agency
- Find more jobs in Germany, submit your own requests for applicants
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication