Apply for an Aircraft Station Licence call sign Normal Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you wish to participate in aeronautical and aeronautical navigation radio, the BNetzA will assign you the callsign with the Aircraft Station Licence on application. In addition, you must notify changes, for example, the holder address or the radio-technical equipment.

Aircraft and balloons use the frequencies of aeronautical and air navigation radio for communication and navigation. The Federal Network Agency manages the corresponding frequency ranges. If you want to participate in aeronautical and air navigation radio, you need a call sign for the aeronautical station of your aircraft.

The call sign will be assigned to you upon application in the form of an Aircraft Station License by the Federal Network Agency.

You must submit an application when you become the owner of an aircraft with an aeronautical station. An aircraft is, for example, an airplane or a balloon.
If you already have an Aircraft Station License and the following changes occur, you must submit a change application:

  • Changes to the aircraft's radio equipment
  • Changes to your name
  • Changes to your mailing address
  • Changes to your domestic receiving agent

You may be required to provide evidence during the application process that your radios are approved or that the radio equipment meets certain technical standards.

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online service: No

Related Links

  • Rufzeichenzuteilung für ein Luftfahrzeug


  • You become the owner of an aircraft.
  • You are the owner of an aircraft and your name, address for service has changed or you have made changes to the radio equipment.
  • The domestic receiving agent or agents has changed.


Existing allocations of call signs issued under the previous frequency allocations for aircraft stations and mobile air navigation radio stations (frequency allocation certificates) remain valid.
There are no plans to replace the existing certificates with new Aircraft Station Licenses. The certificates issued before 01.01.2019 remain valid internationally as long as you do not make any changes to the aircraft station.

Related Links

  • § 3 Nummer 34 Telekommunikationsgesetz (TKG)
  • § 108 Telekommunikationsgesetz (TKG)
  • § 224 Telekommunikationsgesetz (TKG)
  • § 31 Gesetz über die elektromagnetische Verträglichkeit von Betriebsmitteln (EMVG)
  • Telekommunikations-Nummerierungsverordnung (TNV)
  • Besondere Gebührenverordnung BNetzA (BNetzABGebV)
  • Frequenzschutzbeitragsverordnung (FSBeitrV)
  • ITU-R Radio Regulations Recommendation 7 (Aircraft Station Licence)

Related Links

  • Regelungen zur Zuteilung von Nummern im Flug- und Flugnavigationsfunk der Bundesnetzagentur
  • Weiterführende Informationen zur Frequenznutzung im Bereich des mobilen Flug- und Flugnavigationsfunks auf der Internetseite der Bundesnetzagentur

By mail/by e-mail:

  • On the website of the Federal Network Agency you will find the application forms for the allocation of an aircraft call sign. You can use these equally for new applications and amendments and for processing a legal succession.
  • Fill out the form, print it out and sign it.
  • Attach the required supporting documents to the form.
  • Send your application documents as a scan via e-mail, by fax or by mail to the responsible office of the Federal Network Agency.
  • After successful examination, the Aircraft Station License and the notice of fees with instructions on how to appeal will be sent to you or your authorized recipient by mail.
  • Number allocations are subject to a fee; a fee notice for all your allocations will be sent to you by mail at a later date.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport (BMDV)

Last update or date of publication