Informing the Deutsche Bundesbank and BaFin about new, changed or terminated corporate holdings of banks and financial services institutions Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you as a bank or financial services institution acquire shareholdings in other companies, you must inform the Deutsche Bundesbank and the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin). The same applies if your shareholdings in companies change.
Just like other companies, you as a bank or financial services institution can acquire and sell equity interests in companies. In this way, you obtain, for example, voting rights or the right to share in profits.
As soon as you, as a bank or financial services institution, acquire a significant shareholding in another company, you must inform the Deutsche Bundesbank.
A significant shareholding is deemed to exist if you hold 10 per cent of the capital or voting rights or can exercise a significant influence on the management of this company. Information on the calculation and assessment of a significant shareholding can be found on the BaFin website.
You must also report any changes to this significant shareholding. In this so-called active participation notification, you must state, among other things:
- Reason for the notification: creation, change, termination
- Type of company in which you hold shares
- details of the percentage of your shareholding in the total nominal capital of the company (shareholding quota).
The Deutsche Bundesbank will then forward your notification of shareholding to the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin).
- in the case of complex shareholding structures: fully completed form "Annex for complex shareholding structures
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Elektronische Einreichung über die "ExtraNet"-Plattform der Deutschen Bundesbank
Formular "Aktivische Beteiligungsanzeige"
Formular "Anlage für komplexe Beteiligungsstrukturen"
Erklärung zur papierlosen Einreichung von Meldungen des Meldebereichs Bankenaufsicht
Deutsche Bundesbank Übersicht der Hauptverwaltungen und Filialen
Deutsche Bundesbank ExtraNet Kundenberatungscenter
You must report shareholdings in other companies if
Your credit institution or financial services institution Holdings in other companies
- increased or decreased or
the holding or holdings are "significant holdings" within the meaning of the German Banking Act, i.e. your institution holds
- directly or indirectly holds at least 10 percent of the capital or voting rights of an enterprise, or
- otherwise enables you to exercise significant influence over the management of that enterprise.
You must report changes in company shareholdings if
the institution's shareholding reaches, exceeds or falls below certain thresholds. These thresholds are staggered:
- 20 percent of the capital or voting rights of the company,
- 30 per cent of the capital or voting rights of the company, or
- 50 per cent of the capital or voting rights of the undertaking,
- the entity in which the institution holds shares becomes or ceases to be a subsidiary,
- the shares held in the undertaking are no longer or are no longer intended to be used for the institution's own business operations,
- shares held directly are transferred, in whole or in part, to a subsidiary undertaking
in the case of shares held indirectly in whole or in part
- the number or identity of the intermediary undertakings is changed, or
- the shares are now wholly or partly held by the institution itself, or
- redistributed among the parties involved.
§ 24 Absatz 1 Nummer 13 Kreditwesengesetz (KWG)
§ 1 Anzeigenverordnung (AnzV)
§ 7 Anzeigenverordnung (AnzV)
Allgemeine Informationen zur Plattform "ExtraNet" auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Bundesbank
Informationsblatt der Deutschen Bundesbank zur elektronischen Einreichung von Beteiligungsanzeigen
Erläuterungen der Deutschen Bundesbank zum zentralen bankaufsichtlichen ExtraNet-Postfach einschließlich Dateinamenskonventionen
Allgemeine Informationen zum Thema Bankenaufsicht auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Bundesbank
Merkblatt der BaFin "Hinweise zur neuen Anzeigenverordnung zur Unterstützung der Umstellungsphase" auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Bundesbank
Fragen und Antworten zum Beteiligungsanzeigewesen auf der Internetseite der BaFin
To inform the Deutsche Bundesbank about the status of your company holdings, you can use the Deutsche Bundesbank's e-business platform "ExtraNet". Alternatively, you can submit your participation notification in paper form, for example if you do not know the Bundesbank identification number of your company.
Submit your participation notification via the Bundesbank's "ExtraNet" platform:
Call up the Deutsche Bundesbank's "ExtraNet" platform on the Internet.
- You may still need to register and create a user account first.
- In order to be able to submit your participation notification in paperless form, you must first submit a one-off declaration on paperless submission (submission declaration) to the relevant Deutsche Bundesbank head office, in which you acknowledge the notifications submitted in paperless form as binding.
Navigate to the following forms:
- Form "Active participation notification
- in the case of complex equity holding structures, additionally: form "Annex for complex equity holding structures
- Fill in the forms completely and truthfully. In doing so, take note of the Deutsche Bundesbank's information sheet on the electronic submission of notifications of shareholdings.
- Upload all the required documents. Then submit your notification of participation electronically.
- If your credit institution belongs to a cooperative auditing association or is audited by the auditing body of a savings bank and giro association and their notifications of participation are submitted electronically: In addition, submit 1 copy of each participation notification to the auditing association or federation.
- The Deutsche Bundesbank will check your details and forward your participation notification to BaFin.
- The European Central Bank, BaFin or the Deutsche Bundesbank may request further information from you, in particular on the acquisition price and the proceeds from the sale.
Submit notification of participation in paper form:
Go to the Bundesbank's website. Download the following documents there:
- Form "Active participation notification"
- in the case of complex participation structures: "Annex for complex participation structures" form
- Fill out the forms completely and truthfully. You can complete the forms directly on your PC and then print them out.
- Send the completed form together with all the required documents by post to the Deutsche Bundesbank's relevant head office.
- The Deutsche Bundesbank will check your details and forward your investment notification to BaFin.
- The European Central Bank, BaFin or the Deutsche Bundesbank may request further information from you, in particular regarding the acquisition price and the proceeds of the sale.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication