Claim settlement of an accident insurance pension in the event of a reduction in earning capacity of at least 40 percent Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If your earning capacity is reduced by 40 percent or more, you can apply for a sum of money as a settlement for a period of 10 years instead of the accident pension.
If your earning capacity is reduced by 40 percent or more, you can apply for a settlement limited to a maximum of 10 years.
The same applies if you are entitled to several pensions that together reach or exceed 40 percent.
As a settlement, you will be paid 9 times the annual amount of the pension on which the settlement is based. The other half of the pension will continue to be paid monthly. At the end of the 10 years, the entire pension will again be paid to you in monthly instalments.
If your state of health deteriorates after you have been granted a severance payment, your entitlement to the pension will be revived in full on application. The settlement amount paid will be deducted from your pension.
You do not need to submit any documentation.
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
You are entitled to a pension settlement if:
- You have reached the age of 18;
- you are either drawing a pension for an indefinite period after a reduction in your earning capacity of 40 percent or more,
- or you are drawing several pensions which together equal or exceed 40 percent;
- your reduction in earning capacity is not expected to decrease significantly within the settlement period;
- you have enough to live on without the pension;
§ 78 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
§ 79 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
Informationen der DGUV zu den Leistungen der gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung:
You can apply informally for a settlement of an accident insurance pension in the event of a reduction in earning capacity of at least 40 percent:
- Inform the relevant accident insurance institution that you are requesting a pension settlement.
- You will then receive information by post about the progress of the administrative procedure (for example, arranging an assessment, requesting documents to determine your financial circumstances).
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication