Transitional benefit due to occupational disease received by persons insured under the statutory accident insurance scheme Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you no longer work because of an occupational disease, you can receive a transitional benefit from the statutory accident insurance.
The so-called transitional benefit is intended to give you economic security if you have less money because you have given up an injurious job.
Be sure to contact your accident insurance institution before you give up your job.
You can receive the transitional benefit either as a one-off amount or as a recurring payment. You can receive the transitional benefit for a maximum of 5 years.
The amount of your transitional benefit is calculated by your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund on a case-by-case basis. You can find out how your transitional benefit is calculated in your case from your social accident insurance institution.
Transitional benefit is also known as reduced earnings compensation.
- Proof of income
- Proof of earnings
- Tax documents
- Proof of pension
- Wage replacement certificates
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Serviceportal der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung
- You have been recognised as suffering from an occupational disease or a threatened occupational disease.
- To prevent the occupational disease from getting worse or developing, you had to give up the work that caused the disease.
- Because you no longer work, you have a lower income.
§ 3 Absatz 2 Berufskrankheiten-Verordnung (BKV)
Informationen zu Leistungen für Versicherte auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung
Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will check your entitlement to transitional benefits ex officio. This means that you do not have to apply for the transitional benefit.
- Your Berufsgenossenschaft or accident insurance fund will send you a form.
- Fill in the form and show how much money you earned or will earn before and after giving up the harmful activity.
- Send the completed form to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- If necessary, an online procedure is also possible. Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund can provide you with information on this.
- Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will calculate the financial loss you suffer as a result of giving up the harmful activity.
- Your Berufsgenossenschaft or accident insurance fund will decide on the amount of your transitional benefit, inform you in writing and pay you the benefit.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication