Apply for advance payment of reimbursement for loss of fare for local and long-distance travel Substantial Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The Federal Office of Administration (BVA) reimburses transport companies in local and long-distance transport for fare losses for the transport of severely disabled persons and their accompanying persons. As a transport operator, you can receive an advance payment for the current calendar year amounting to 80 per cent of the last reimbursement amount determined (final payment). Half of the advance payment is paid on 15 July and half on 15 November. If reimbursements have already been received from the Federal Office of Administration, applications for advance payment may be submitted: Transport companies, transport associations and local transport organisations. If you have switched from state reimbursement to federal reimbursement, you may exceptionally receive an advance payment based on your last final payment notice. You cannot receive advance payments. You must repay the advance payments if you do not submit the required supporting documents by the deadline. You submit the application for advance payment of the reimbursement of fare losses to the Federal Office of Administration (BVA).

You do not need to submit any documentation.

Forms: yes Online procedure possible: yes Written form required: no Personal appearance required: no

Related Links

Bundesverwaltungsamt (BVA), Fachbereich Fahrgelderstattung
+49 228 993584101
+49 228 993585101 Opens in new window

You can apply for advance payment if: the company entitled to a refund has already received a refund payment (final payment) from the Federal Office of Administration. Notice: If you are a new company from which no calculation documents have yet been received, you must first provide proof of the final fare revenue for the respective calendar year by the deadline.
You may apply online or in writing to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for advance farebox reimbursement for intercity and commuter rail: Written Application: Download the Application for Advance Payment from the BVA website. Fill out the application. Print it out and sign it. Mail the signed application to the Federal Administrative Office. You can send the application to the BVA in advance by e-mail. In either case, send the originals to the BVA by mail afterwards as proof of your signature. Your application will be processed and reviewed by the BVA. If you qualify for advance payment, you will receive the amount due to you from the BVA. Online Application: Go to the website of the federal portal and fill out the application form for advance payment electronically. Note: You will need your ID card with PIN number to use the online feature. Submit your application. Your application will be processed and checked by the BVA. If you meet the requirements for an advance payment, you will receive the amount due to you from the BVA.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Last update or date of publication