Preventing an occupational disease or avoiding the aggravation of an occupational disease in agriculture. Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you are exposed to a hazard at work that can cause an occupational disease, you will receive preventive measures under certain conditions.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association can help you prevent an occupational disease by taking preventive individual measures (individual prevention).
You will receive support through all appropriate means to counteract occupational hazards that may
- lead to the development
- the resurgence or
- aggravation of an occupational disease.
Individual prevention measures are aimed at enabling you to continue your previous work without this leading to a further aggravation of your health condition.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association offers you preventive measures. It will work out the measures that are right for you on the basis of
- your illness and
- the working conditions at your workplace
Depending on the occupational hazards and health complaints, the following measures are possible:
- technical measures at the workplace (for example, installation of technical extraction equipment, structural modifications)
- organizational measures at the workplace (for example, reorganization of work processes, transfer of other activities, time limitation of hazardous activities)
- Optimization of protective measures (for example, respiratory masks, protective gloves, hearing protection capsules)
- health education seminars (for example, outpatient or inpatient measures to acquire skills with hazardous activities - skin protection seminars, back training)
- intensive, personal counseling (for example, counseling as part of an occupational disease consultation, activity-based care or on-site counseling with the involvement of the company physician
- Treatment measures (e.g. treatment mandate, assumption of costs for special therapies)
You do not need to submit any documents.
Form necessary: no
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
You are exposed to a hazard in your work that could lead to the
- aggravation or
- resurgence of an occupational disease.
- Initial health impairments already exist.
§ 3 Absatz 1 Satz 1 Berufskrankheitenverordnung (BKV)
§ 9 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch SGB (SGB VII)
Serviceportal der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau
Informationen zu Leistungen der landwirtschaftlichen Unfallversicherung auf der Internetseite der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association will contact you if it is informed of a suspected occupational illness, for example by your or your
- company doctor
- treating specialist physician
- health insurance company
You can also inform the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association yourself (for example, by telephone or via the service portal) if you are exposed to a corresponding occupational hazard.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association will then check which specific offers are individually suitable and will contact you and the necessary persons, for example your or your
- company doctor
- attending specialist physician
The necessary measures are then taken in consultation with all those involved. You will receive a written message to this effect.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication