Apply for an early retirement pension for spouses from the Agricultural Pension Fund Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
You can apply for the early retirement pension for spouses or life partners under certain conditions.
As a farmer, you can apply for your old-age pension early up to 10 years before reaching your standard retirement age if
- you have fulfilled the waiting period of 15 years and
Your spouse or your life partner already
- an entitlement to a standard old-age pension from the Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse or
- has an entitlement to an early retirement pension for those insured for many years.
The earliest possible entry age for this type of pension will be gradually increased from 55 to 57.
- If you apply for the early old-age pension as a spouse or partner, it can only be paid to you with a deduction.
- For each calendar month for which you claim an old-age pension early, your pension is reduced by 0.3 percent.
- If you still feel fit enough, you may earn some additional income on top of your old-age pension. This will not extinguish your pension entitlement, but it may affect the amount of your old-age pension.
- A high additional income can lead to a complete reduction of your pension. However, this only applies if you have not yet reached the standard retirement age, i.e. if you have retired early.
If you have reached the standard retirement age, you can earn an unlimited amount of additional income without it being offset against your old-age pension.
- Valid identity card or passport
in case of application by other persons:
- Power of attorney or
- Order of the court
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
You will receive the early retirement pension for younger spouses or civil partners upon application if
- you have reached the age that is relevant for you
- your spouse/life partner is or was already entitled to the normal standard old-age pension or early old-age pension for those insured for many years.
- you have completed the minimum insurance period (waiting period) of 15 years,
- The waiting period of 15 years takes into account all compulsory contributions as well as voluntary contributions that you have paid or are deemed to have paid to the agricultural pension fund. Contributions for periods prior to 01.01.1995 are generally only taken into account if they have been paid without interruption.
- If a pension equalization was carried out in your favor, the transferred entitlement will be converted into waiting period months.
Periods from other pension schemes:
- Periods from other pension systems, for example, periods in the statutory pension insurance scheme, can also be counted towards your waiting period.
If the foreign periods overlap with those of the agricultural pension fund, the foreign periods cannot be credited at the same time.
- This also applies if you were exempt from compulsory old-age insurance as an entrepreneur during the same period.
- An exemption from compulsory insurance as an assisting family member, on the other hand, does not prevent third-party periods completed during this time from being credited.
The following periods may be credited:
- Compulsory contribution periods to an institution of the statutory German pension insurance and equivalent periods of the social insurance of the former GDR,
Periods of exemption from insurance in the statutory pension insurance, for example as a
- civil servant
- professional or temporary soldier, and
- as any other person covered by a civil service pension scheme
Periods of exemption from compulsory insurance in the statutory pension insurance, for example
- employees and self-employed persons who belong to a professional pension scheme
- teachers and educators at private schools, if they are covered in the same way as civil servants
certain foreign periods under supranational and intergovernmental law
§ 12 Absatz 1 Gesetz über die Alterssicherung der Landwirte (ALG)
Informationen zu den Altersrenten für Landwirtinnen und Landwirte und Familienangehörige auf der Internetseite der SVLFG
You can apply for the early retirement pension for younger spouses or civil partners in writing, in person, or online:
- Download the Early Retirement Pension Application and Attachment Form for Younger Spouses or Domestic Partners from the SVLFG website. Fill it out completely and gather the required documents.
- You can send your completed and signed application with the required documents by mail to your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse.
- Your agricultural retirement fund will review your application. You will receive a written decision by mail or in your electronic mailbox at SVLFG.
Note: A person you trust can also submit your pension application on your behalf. To do so, please submit a corresponding power of attorney to your agricultural pension fund. As long as the power of attorney is valid, your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will only contact your authorized person.
Submitting your application in person during the consultation:
- Gather the documents you need to file your application and make an appointment at the Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse or an SVLFG counseling center. During your consultation, your pension application will be recorded.
- Your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will review your application. You will receive a written decision by mail or in your electronic mailbox at SVLFG.
Submitting your application online:
- Go to the SVLFG online portal and log in.
- Fill out the form and upload the necessary documents. Then submit your pension application online. You will receive the application as a PDF in the online mailbox.
Your agricultural pension fund will review your application. You will receive a written decision in your electronic mailbox at the SVLFG.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Last update or date of publication