Applying for a standard old-age pension from the Agricultural Pension Fund Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

You will receive the normal old-age pension (Regelaltersrente) upon application if you meet certain requirements.

You can apply for the normal retirement pension when you have reached your so-called standard retirement age. The entry age for the normal retirement pension has been gradually raised from 65 to 67 since 2012. The standard retirement age of 67 only applies to those born in 1964 or later.

To qualify for the pension, you must also fulfill a minimum insurance period (waiting period) of 15 years. In addition to the insurance period with the Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse, periods from other pension schemes, for example the Deutsche Rentenversicherung, can also be taken into account.

  • Valid identity card or passport
  • in case of application by other persons:
    • Power of attorney or
    • Order of the court

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

Related Links

  • Antrag auf Regelaltersrente bei der Landwirtschaftlichen Alterskasse zum Download


You will receive the normal old-age pension upon application if you have

  • you have reached your standard retirement age and
  • have completed the minimum insurance period (waiting period) of 15 years.

The waiting period of 15 years takes into account all compulsory contributions as well as voluntary contributions that you have paid or are deemed to have paid to the agricultural pension fund. Contributions for periods prior to 01.01.1995 are generally only taken into account if they have been paid without interruption.
If a pension equalization was carried out in your favor, the transferred entitlement will be converted into waiting period months.
Periods from other pension schemes:

  • Periods from other pension systems, for example, periods in the statutory pension insurance scheme, can also be counted towards your waiting period.
  • If the foreign periods overlap with those of the agricultural pension fund, the foreign periods cannot be credited at the same time.
    • This also applies if you were exempt from compulsory old-age insurance as an entrepreneur during the same period.
    • An exemption from compulsory insurance as an assisting family member, on the other hand, does not prevent third-party periods completed during this time from being credited.

The following periods can be credited:

  • Compulsory contribution periods to an institution of the statutory German pension insurance and equivalent periods of the social insurance of the former GDR,
  • Periods of exemption from insurance in the statutory pension insurance, for example as a
    • civil servant
    • judge
    • professional or temporary soldier, and
    • as any other person covered by a pension scheme similar to that of a civil servant
  • periods of exemption from compulsory insurance in the statutory pension insurance, for example
    • Salaried employees and self-employed persons who belong to a professional pension scheme
    • teachers and educators at private schools, if they are covered in the same way as civil servants
  • certain foreign periods under supranational and intergovernmental law

Related Links

  • § 11 Gesetz über die Alterssicherung der Landwirte (ALG)

Related Links

  • Informationen zur Regelaltersrente für Landwirtinnen und Landwirte und Familienangehörige auf der Internetseite der SVLFG

You can apply for the standard retirement pension in writing, in person, or online:
Written application:

  • Download the application and enclosure form for the standard old-age pension on the website of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG). Fill it out completely and gather the required documents.
  • You can send your completed and signed application with the required documents by mail to your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse.
  • Your agricultural retirement fund will review your application. You will receive a written decision by mail or in your electronic mailbox at SVLFG.

Note: A person you trust can also submit your pension application on your behalf. To do so, please submit a corresponding power of attorney to your agricultural pension fund. As long as the power of attorney is valid, your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will only contact your authorized person.

Submitting your application in person during the consultation:

  • Gather the documents you need to file your application and make an appointment at the Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse or an SVLFG counseling center.
  • During your consultation, your pension application will be recorded.
  • Your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will review your application. You will receive a written decision by mail or in your electronic mailbox at SVLFG.

Submitting your application online:

  • Go to the SVLFG online portal and log in.
  • Fill out the form and upload the necessary documents. Then submit your pension application online. You will receive the application as a PDF in the online mailbox.
  • Your agricultural pension fund will review your application. You will receive a written decision in your electronic mailbox at the SVLFG.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Last update or date of publication