Receive widow's and widower's pensions for former spouses from the statutory accident insurance fund Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
After the death of your former life partner or spouse, you may receive a pension from the statutory accident insurance.
If your former spouse died as a result of an insured event, for example an accident at work, you will receive a pension. The same applies to registered civil partnerships. To do so, you must submit an application to the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association.
The pension is 30 percent of the deceased person's annual income. Monthly payments begin 3 months after death. You will receive the pension for a maximum of 21 months.
You will receive the pension equal to 40 percent of the deceased person's annual income if you:
- Are raising a child,
- are older than 47 years of age, or
- are incapacitated, unable to work or unable to work within the meaning of the statutory pension insurance.
It may be that other persons are entitled to the pension in addition to you, for example, if the deceased person was married and divorced several times. In such a case, the pension is divided according to the duration of the marriage or civil partnership with the deceased person.
If you have an income, the pension is reduced.
- Death certificate
- Your bank details (IBAN and BIC)
- Marriage certificate (register of births, marriages and deaths) or civil partnership certificate
- Notarized divorce, dissolution or annulment of marriage or civil partnership according to the Civil Partnership Law
- Your social security number
- To check your entitlement to benefits, you must submit an application to the Agricultural Employers' Liability Insurance Association. Here you will also find out whether and, if so, what other documents are required.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
You will receive the widow's or widower's pension for former spouses and former life partners if
the death was the result of an insured event,
- this includes accidents at work, commuting accidents and occupational diseases
- your former marriage or registered partnership was divorced, annulled or declared null and void, and
- the deceased person was dependent on you during the year before death, or
- you were entitled to maintenance.
§ 65 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
§ 66 Sozialgesetzbuch Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung (SGB VII)
Informationen zu Leistungen der landwirtschaftlichen Unfallversicherung für Hinterbliebene auf der Internetseite der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)
This is how you receive the pension from the statutory accident insurance for former spouses or life partners:
Apply informally for the pension at the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association.
- For example, by e-mail, telephone or mail.
- The Agricultural Employers' Liability Insurance Association will contact you, explain the further procedure and request the necessary documents.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication