Reimbursement of transfer costs by the agricultural accident insurance company Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
Have you paid for the repatriation of a person who died as a result of an accident at work, a commuting accident or an occupational disease? Then you can get the costs back under certain conditions.
The Agricultural Workers' Compensation Board may reimburse you for the cost of a transfer.
This applies to
- surviving dependents as well as
- other persons who have paid for the repatriation.
You do not have to apply for reimbursement. The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association will check your entitlement to reimbursement on its own initiative.
- Proof of payment and amount of transfer costs, for example, an invoice
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
If you pay for a repatriation, you will be reimbursed by the Agricultural Accident Insurance Fund if:
- the deceased person was insured with the Agricultural Accident Insurance Fund
- reimbursable repatriation costs were actually incurred by the Agricultural Accident Insurance Fund
the death was the consequence of an insured event. These include:
- occupational accidents, commuting accidents, occupational diseases
- the person did not die at the place of his/her permanent family residence
- the deceased was staying there for reasons related to the insured activity or to the consequences of the insured event
No entitlement to reimbursement if:
- the family was domiciled at the place of death and after death returns to the home country or to the family's former domicile in the home country prior to employment; or
- the family maintains its residence at the place of death and the burial takes place at another place (e.g. in the family crypt).
§ 63 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
§ 64 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)
Informationen zu Leistungen der landwirtschaftlichen Unfallversicherung auf der Internetseite der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)
In principle, you do not have to apply for reimbursement of the transfer costs. The entitlement to reimbursement is examined ex officio by the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association will inform the possible beneficiaries known to it to enable them to file their claims. You can still contact the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication