Request pension settlement for survivors in statutory accident insurance in the event of remarriage Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

As a survivor or surviving dependant, you can receive a settlement from the agricultural accident insurance in lieu of a pension upon application if you remarry.

As a widow or widower and as a registered partner, you will receive a survivor's pension for 2 years, as long as no remarriage takes place during this period. The pension is 30 percent of the annual earnings of the deceased insured person.
If you remarry or enter into a new civil partnership as a survivor, the widow's or widower's pension from the agricultural accident insurance can be settled once. You must submit an application for this.
You will receive 24 times your monthly pension as a settlement. A monthly amount is the gross average amount of the survivor's pension paid in the past 12 months.
If a pension settlement was paid when you remarried or entered into a new civil partnership and the remarriage or civil partnership was declared null and void, dissolved or annulled, you should contact your accident insurance carrier for clarification of benefits.

  • Marriage certificate (family record book) or
  • Civil partnership certificate according to the civil partnership law

Forms: no

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no


You can apply for a settlement of your survivor's pension if

  • You are entitled to a survivor's benefit under the agricultural accident insurance scheme,
  • you remarry or enter into a new civil partnership under the Civil Partnership Act.

Related Links

  • § 80 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)

Related Links

  • Informationen zu Leistungen der landwirtschaftlichen Unfallversicherung auf der Internetseite der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)

You must inform the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG) that you have remarried or are in a new civil partnership.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association will then contact you, explain the further procedure and request the necessary documents.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication