Registering a new agricultural enterprise or self-employed agricultural activity Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

If you start or take over an agricultural business, you must register it with the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG).

The agricultural accident insurance insures

  • Entrepreneurs
    • self-employed activities in agriculture included
  • assisting spouses and life partners
  • employees and
  • working family members

Accident insurance covers accidents at work and on the way to and from work as well as occupational diseases.
As the employer, you are responsible for registering and paying the contribution. To register, you must inform the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) of the following:

  • Type and object of the business
  • the date of opening or the date of commencement of preparatory work for the enterprise, and
  • Company headquarters

The following enterprises belong to the area of responsibility of the Landwirtschaftliche Berufsgenossenschaft (LBG), which is part of the SVLFG:

  • Enterprises in agriculture and forestry including:
    • of horticulture and viticulture
    • of fish farming
    • pond farming
    • lake, stream and river fishing (inland fishing)
    • beekeeping and
    • landscape conservation serving the aims of nature conservation and environmental protection.
  • agricultural and forestry contractors
  • livestock enterprises without land cultivation
  • Gardening and landscaping companies as well as garden maintenance companies
  • Hunting enterprises
  • Private park and garden maintenance companies

If you register your business with the local trade office, you do not usually need to register separately for accident insurance. The business registration is automatically forwarded to the accident insurance.
Under the law, entrepreneurs of agricultural, forestry and horticultural businesses are compulsorily insured with the LBG.
Note: Only one accident insurance institution is responsible for your company, even if your company has components in different industries. The main focus of the company is decisive. There is no right of choice.

Initially, you do not have to submit any documents for the application. In individual cases, the SVLFG will request documents from you after registration.

Forms: yes

Online procedure possible: yes

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no

Related Links

  • PDF-Formular für den Fragebogen zu den Betriebsverhältnissen (Anmeldung)
  • PDF-Formular für den Fragenbogen Gesamtunternehmen GaLaBau (Anmeldung für Unternehmen des Garten- und Landschaftsbaus)
Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)

Geschäftsstellen und Beratungsstellen der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)

Bundesweit einheitliche Service-Rufnummer der Sozialversicherung für Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Gartenbau (SVLFG)


There is a notification obligation in the case of:

  • New establishment of a company
  • Change in the form of the enterprise or the activity

Related Links

  • § 192 Absatz 1 Sozialgesetzbuch Siebtes Buch (SGB VII)

Related Links

  • Informationen zur Zuständigkeit der Berufsgenossenschaften und Unfallkassen auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung
  • Informationen zur Versicherung für Unternehmer sowie für andere Selbstständige auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung

Registration with the SVLFG is automatic for companies subject to notification under the Trade Regulation Act. The trade office forwards the data from the trade notification digitally to the agricultural employers' liability insurance association.

  • In addition, you can register online or in writing with the SVLFG.
  • You will receive further information from the SVLFG by mail.
  • If necessary, the SVLFG will ask for further information about your company so that the registration can take place.

In all other cases, you can register online or in writing with the SVLFG. This applies in particular to agricultural and horticultural businesses that cultivate the soil.
If you want to register online:

  • Call up the SVLFG service portal. You will find the registration form in the media center of the service portal.
  • Fill out the registration form completely and submit it via the service portal.
  • You will receive the enrolment documents and information material once the enrolment investigations have been completed.

If you wish to apply in writing

  • Submit the application informally or
  • Download the application form from the SVLFG website and print it out.
  • Send the completed application form to the SVLFG by mail, e-mail or fax.
  • The SVLFG will review your application.
  • You will then receive the admission documents and information material.

Responsible for the content
No information available

Last update or date of publication