Apply for payment relief from the Künstlersozialkasse (artists' social insurance fund) Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you are unable to pay the current claim of the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) on time, you can apply to the KSK for payment relief.
With your application to defer the arrears of the artists' social security contribution, the KSK can make it easier for you to pay. In general, the KSK has the legal obligation to collect the revenue in time and in full. Usually, a deferral is therefore made in monthly instalments (payment by instalments). Your request
- must be justified
- and contain the amount of your intended instalments.
The KSK charges interest if you are granted a deferral or payment by instalments.
- A deferral or payment by instalments is only possible against appropriate interest.
- The standard interest rate is 2 percent above the base interest rate of the Deutsche Bundesbank applicable at the time of the decision.
If you wish to apply for a longer-term deferment or payment by instalments, you would need to prove, by submitting appropriate documentation, that your financial circumstances do not permit immediate payment. Possible evidence:
- Copies of account statements
- Credit agreements
- Income statements or profit and loss accounts
- Description of the asset situation and
- Evidence of other creditors who also granted deferment of payment
Another possible way of facilitating payment would be the partial or complete waiver of your outstanding artists' social security contribution. However, this is only possible under very limited circumstances.
- SEPA direct debit mandate
- Depending on the term of the deferral or payment by instalments, you may need to submit further documents. Please ask the Künstlersozialkasse which documents are necessary.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Künstlersozialkasse (KSK), Abteilung Verwerter
- It is currently not possible for you to pay the entire claim because you are temporarily experiencing payment difficulties due to unfavourable economic circumstances.
- You would temporarily experience initial payment difficulties if you paid the entire claim immediately.
- The claim of the KSK must not be endangered by the payment relief.
- As a rule, you must provide security, but you can avoid this with a SEPA direct debit mandate.
- A (partial) waiver of the artists' social security contribution can only be granted if the outstanding debt destroys or seriously endangers your economic or personal existence.
§ 76 Sozialgesetzbuch Viertes Buch (SGB IV)
Informationen zu Kontaktmöglichkeiten auf der Internetseite der Künstlersozialkasse
Informationen zum Basiszinssatz auf der Internetseite der Bundesbank
You apply to the KSK for payment relief.
- Your application contains a justification and the amount of the maximum possible instalment or the time when the payment can be made.
- The KSK will check your details.
- If anything is unclear about your application, the KSK will ask you to submit further documents or information about your financial situation.
- If your application is plausible and the KSK approves it, you will receive a decision from the KSK about the corresponding payment relief.
- If the KSK comes to the conclusion that your justification is insufficient, your application will be rejected by notice.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication