Reimbursement of overpaid pension insurance contributions by the artists' social insurance fund Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you pay too much into your pension scheme, you will get a refund.
Your total pension insurance contribution is paid to the German Pension Insurance Fund (Deutsche Rentenversicherung) if you are subject to pension insurance through the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK).
The basis for calculating your pension contribution is the expected earned income from your self-employed artistic or journalistic activities. You report this anticipated income to the KSK. Your income is only taken into account in the calculation of your contributions up to the so-called income threshold.
Contributions to the statutory pension insurance may not be paid above the income threshold.
If you pay contributions to the statutory pension insurance from different insurance relationships, this may result in an overpayment. This means that you pay more than the income threshold actually allows. In this case, the overpayment is subsequently offset:
- Your earned income will be reduced proportionally and
- You receive a refund of your overpaid contributions.
- Current insurance history from the German Pension Insurance. You can obtain this from the German Pension Insurance.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
You receive a refund of your overpaid pension insurance contributions if
- you have paid pension insurance contributions via the KSK for the relevant year, and
- you have paid more than the maximum contribution in total by paying further pension insurance contributions.
§ 22 Absatz 2 Viertes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB IV)
Informationen zu Beiträgen für Versicherte auf der Internetseite der Künstlersozialkasse
Informationen über den Versicherungsverlauf auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Rentenversicherung
If you have paid higher contributions than the income threshold actually allows, your earnings are usually automatically reduced and the overpaid contributions are refunded.
As a rule, the German pension insurance and the KSK exchange the required information and values with each other.
- Another option: submit an informal application for reimbursement of overpaid pension insurance contributions to the KSK.
- Answer any queries from the KSK or the German pension insurance immediately.
- If there is a reduction, you will receive a corresponding notice.
Responsible for the content
No information available
Last update or date of publication