Final subsidy statement of the artists' social insurance fund Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Subsidies that you receive from the Künstlersozialkasse are finally settled in the following year.

As a gainfully self-employed artist or journalist, you are entitled to subsidies from the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) under certain conditions. The subsidies relate to the costs of your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance.

You can be entitled to these subsidies if you are

  • are subject to compulsory insurance via the KSK and
    • are exempt from compulsory statutory health and nursing care insurance, or
    • no longer have access to statutory insurance.

You receive the allowances monthly as a provisional allowance. They are therefore advance payments on the final allowance.

At the end of the year, you will receive a final statement of allowances. It is based on

  • your actual contributions to your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance, and
  • your actual income, if applicable.

The KSK compares the subsidies paid provisionally with your actual subsidy entitlement. This may result in additional payments or reclaims.

If you do not submit the information and documents on time, the KSK will demand repayment of the allowances that have been paid provisionally. You will also lose your current grant entitlement.

If you submit the documents later, you may be entitled to a late subsidy. In this case, you can receive a provisional monthly allowance again.

  • Proof of actual expenses for your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance. You will usually receive this certificate automatically at the beginning of the year.
    • from your private insurance company or
    • in the case of voluntary insurance, from your statutory health insurance company.
  • If applicable, an additional certificate of monthly expenses if you have not received allowances throughout the year. You can obtain this certificate from your health insurance company on request.

Forms: yes

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no


You must have received allowances for the expenses of your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance in the past year.

Related Links

  • § 10 Künstlersozialversicherungsgesetz (KSVG)
  • § 10a Künstlersozialversicherungsgesetz (KSVG)

Related Links

  • Informationen zu Leistungen für Versicherte auf der Internetseite der Künstlersozialkasse (KSK)

Settlement of your provisional allowance is possible after you provide proof of your final costs for private or voluntary statutory insurance:

  • For this purpose, you will receive a letter from the KSK in April with a questionnaire.
  • Fill in the questionnaire with the values from the previous year.
  • Check whether you need to send a certificate of monthly contributions in addition to the total amounts.
    • If necessary, request this certificate from your insurance company. The letter from the KSK will contain a note to this effect.
  • If you are asked for your final income, please fill in the values as well.
  • Send the completed form and the attachments to the KSK.
  • Answer any queries as soon as possible.
  • You will then receive a written statement of your allowance for the previous year.

Note: If the KSK has all the required information and documents, you can receive the statement of the grant earlier. To do this, you must submit the relevant details and documents correspondingly earlier. You can do this informally by stating your insurance number.

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Last update or date of publication