Request a pension information Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you would like information about your future pension entitlements and the start of your pension, you can request this informally at any time.
The pension information contains
- information about the expected amount of your standard old-age pension,
- a forecast of the pension you will receive if you continue to work,
- information on the amount of your reduced earning capacity pension,
- details of the earliest possible start date for early retirement pensions, including details of any pension reductions,
- details of the widow's or widower's pension your partner will receive if you die,
- details of contributions paid to date to the statutory pension insurance scheme,
- among other things, notes and information on the prerequisites for all old-age pensions, on how to apply for a pension, on additional earnings, on the insurance history, on private old-age provision, on taxation, on information and advice options and on pensioners' health insurance,
- if no account clarification has yet been carried out: information on which periods have not yet been clarified (these are periods of which the pension insurance fund does not know whether they can be taken into account for your later pension),
- an overview of the insurance periods saved,
- an overview of the values and factors used to calculate your personal earning points and your standard old-age pension.
Note: The pension information is not the same as the pension information (often referred to as "Rentenbescheid"), which you receive every year from the age of 27. The pension information letter provides very comprehensive information about other pension entitlements. As soon as you reach the age of 55, you will automatically receive pension information every 3 years instead of pension information. However, you can also request the information if you are younger.
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Online-Dienste mit Registrierung der Deutschen Rentenversicherung
Online-Dienste ohne Registrierung der Deutschen Rentenversicherung
- You are or were insured with the German pension insurance.
- You have paid contributions to the statutory pension insurance for at least five years.
- You are not yet drawing a pension from your own insurance.
§ 109 Sechtes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB VI)
Informationen zur Rentenauskunft auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Rentenversicherung
If you would like to receive pension information by post:
- Go to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung website and first click on "Online services" at the top right.
- Select "Online services without registration" or go directly to "Request insurance documents".
- In the "Request from..." field, select. "Pension information" and enter the rest of the information.
- Click on "Submit."
- You will receive your pension information by post.
Alternatively, you can also request the pension information by telephone or in writing from your competent pension insurance institution.
If you would like to receive your pension information online, you will need:
- an identity card or residence permit with an active online ID function,
- a card reader and
the current version of the AusweisApp2 or the current version of the Open eCard:
- If you want to use the AusweisApp2: at least Windows 7 or at least OS X 10.9.
- If you want to use Open eCard: at least Java 1.7 runtime environment.
After you have installed the necessary software and set up the hardware, please open the AusweisApp2 or Open eCard on your computer.
- Now go to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung website and click on "Online services" in the top right-hand corner and then on "Online services with registration".
- Follow the instructions to gain access to the online services of the German Pension Insurance.
Alternatively, you can also use the online services with registration of the German Pension Insurance with your electronic signature card.
- To do this, you will need a card reader and a supported electronic signature card.
- Go to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung website and click on "Online services" in the top right-hand corner and then on "Online services with registration".
- Follow the instructions to access the online services of the German Pension Insurance.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication