Receive or request pension information Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
From your 27th birthday onwards, you will receive annual pension information from your pension insurance institution if you have paid contributions for at least 5 years in total. You can also request the pension information informally at any time.
The pension information gives you an overview of your accrued entitlements and the amount of retirement pension you can expect. The pension information includes, among other things:
- an account of the contributions you have paid to date,
- an indication of the amount of pension entitlements you have acquired, both for a pension due to old age and for a pension due to full reduction in earning capacity, as well as
- a projection of your old-age pension entitlements at the time you reach the standard old-age pension.
The extrapolation is based on the average contributions paid over the last five calendar years. This makes the pension information an important basis for planning your additional private and occupational pension provision.
Together with your first pension information, you will also receive an insurance history. This will show you the periods and earnings stored in your pension insurance account.
Note: Pension information is also sent abroad. However, if you live abroad, automatic dispatch will stop if you have not paid any contributions to the German pension insurance scheme for more than three years.
You do not need any additional documentation.
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Renteninformation online und ohne Registrierung anfordern
Renteninformation online und mit Registrierung anfordern
- You are or were insured with the German Pension Insurance.
- You have reached the age of 27.
- You have paid contributions to the statutory pension insurance for at least five years.
- You are not yet drawing a pension from your own insurance.
The amounts stated in the pension information are gross amounts. Health and long-term care insurance contributions and, if applicable, taxes must still be paid from the pension amount stated.
In addition, the pension information contains an explicit reference to the fact that the calculation of your projected pension does not take into account the loss of purchasing power. On the back of your pension information you will find a concrete calculation example of the loss of purchasing power.
§ 109 Sechstes Buch Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB VI)
Fragen und Antworten zur Renteninformation auf der Internetseite der Deutschen Rentenversicherung
You will automatically receive your pension information by post each year as soon as you have met the requirements. You do not have to submit an application. However, you can also request pension information informally at any time.
If you would like to receive your pension information by post, you can request it online without any further registration:
- Go to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung website and click on "Online services." Select "Online services without registration" in the drop-down menu and click on "Request insurance documents".
- In the "Request from..." field, select. "Pension Information" and fill in the rest of the information.
- Click "Submit."
- You will receive your pension information in the mail.
If you would like to receive your pension information directly online, you must first register online:
- Go to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung website and click on "Online services".
Select "Online services with registration" from the drop-down menu. Now either register:
- with your identity card (eID) or residence permit (eAT) with activated online ID function or
- your electronic signature card.
- Your pension information will then be displayed on the screen. However, if your pension information is currently being processed or contains implausible data, it will not be displayed on the screen. You will be informed of this.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Last update or date of publication