Obtain information from the customs administration Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Non-binding information within the scope of customs tariff / origin of goods and excise duty law as well as other general enquiries on customs law (import/export/customs procedures) Issue of non-binding information on general questions of customs and tax law, for example on Customs tariff Customs procedure Excise law Online applications of the customs administration Vehicle tax Brexit Information available by telephone, e-mail, online via chatbot or by post free of charge responsible: Generalzolldirektion - Central Information Office of the Customs Administration
Are you not sure whether you have to pay tax in Germany on a product you bought abroad? Do you have a question about vehicle tax? Or do you have a user question about online customs applications? In many cases, you can obtain information from the Central Enquiry Office of the Customs Administration. You can also find answers to your questions on the Customs Administration website. Topics can be, for example: Customs tariff Excise duty Imports into Germany Exports from Germany Motor vehicle tax Online application of the customs, for example: ATLAS (Automated Tariff and Local Customs Clearance System), EMCS (Excise Movement and Control System) or goAML (portal for suspicious activity reports on money laundering) Please note that the Customs Administration cannot substitute legal or tax advice or influence the official decisions of other specialist authorities. Information provided by the Central Information Office of the Customs Administration does not establish any legal claims and refers exclusively to the customs regulations applicable in Germany. The customs regulations of other countries are not available to German Customs.
You do not need to submit any documentation.
Forms necessary: no Online procedure possible: yes Written form required: no Personal appearance necessary: no
Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Zentrale Auskunftsstelle Zoll

Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Dienststellensuche Zoll

Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Chatbot

Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Zentralstelle für Finanztransaktionsuntersuchungen (FIU)

ITZBund, Service Desk

Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Service Desk Zoll

Generalzolldirektion (GZD), Zentrale Auskunft Kraftfahrzeugsteuer


There are no legal requirements.
Art. 14 UZK; Chapters 1.1 and 8.1 of the Procedural Instructions IT Procedure ATLAS Chapters 1.1 and 8 of the Procedural Instructions EMCS Chapter 1 goAML web portal (FIU) (reports based on the GWG) Section 12b of the Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities (BGG) (contact point for reports on the accessibility of information technology of the ZV) Chapter 3.3 of the VA ATLAS i.V.m. ATLAS Info 3670/17 (1st and 2nd level support for the EU Trader Portal) Chapter ATLAS concept for the implementation of NSD activities

Related Links

  • Informationen zu Auskünften auf der Internetseite der Zollverwaltung
  • Informationen zu zoll- oder steuerrechtlichen Themen über Chatbots
You can submit your enquiry on customs or tax issues in the following ways: by telephone, by e-mail, by chat bot or in writing, for example by post

Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Finance

Last update or date of publication