Request total security for customs duties Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.
If you import goods into the customs territory of the European Union and/or handle them there, you can apply for a comprehensive guarantee under certain conditions. The amount may be reduced or waived as appropriate.
In certain cases, you must provide security at the request of the customs authorities. The security is required, for example, if you temporarily store goods imported into the customs territory
- temporarily stored
- use or
The guarantee usually covers the amount of import or export duty and the other charges relating to the import and export of the goods.
You must provide the security if you are or may become a debtor under the Act.
If you frequently import goods and handle them as described above, you can, under certain conditions, apply to the customs authorities to provide an overall security for several operations instead of for each operation individually.
If you provide or apply for the comprehensive guarantee, the customs authorities may, under certain conditions, request that the amount of the comprehensive guarantee be reduced or waived altogether.
You must always attach the 'Customs Authorisation Questionnaire Parts I and II' to the main application (Form 0597).
If you have to prove your practical and professional qualification:
- "Customs Authorization Questionnaire Part V" in addition.
If you want to apply for a reduction or exemption:
- "Questionnaire Customs Authorisations Parts I to V".
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Antrag auf Bewilligung einer Gesamtsicherheit gemäß Artikel 89 Absatz 5 in Verbindung mit Artikel 95 Unionszollkodex einschließlich einer möglichen Verringerung oder Befreiung (Formular 0597)
Fragebogen zollrechtliche Bewilligung Teil I bis V auf der Internetseite der Zollverwaltung
If you have to pay customs duty or provide security for a customs procedure in respect of several operations, you may apply for payment of a comprehensive guarantee subject to the following conditions:
- You are established in the customs territory of the Union.
- You have not committed any serious or repeated infringements of customs or tax legislation.
- You have not committed any criminal offences in the course of your economic activity.
In addition, 1 of the 3 following conditions must apply to you:
- You regularly use the customs procedures in question, or
- you operate a bonded warehouse, or
- you have practical or professional qualifications directly related to the procedure to be secured.
If you are required to provide a comprehensive guarantee, you can apply for a reduction in the amount of the guarantee or be exempted from providing a guarantee altogether, subject to the following conditions.
A requirement for a reduction to 30 percent for customs duties incurred is:
- You are an Authorized Economic Operator for Customs Simplifications (AEOC).
Requirements for a reduction to 50 percent, 30 percent, or an exemption on any customs duties that may be incurred are:
- You are either an Authorized Economic Operator for Customs Simplifications (AEOC) or.
- You provide documentary evidence that you meet certain requirements in terms of your accounting and solvency.
Artikel 89 Absatz 5 in Verbindung mit Artikel 95 Unionszollkodex
Informationen zur Bewilligung einer Gesamtsicherheit auf der Internetseite der Zollverwaltung
To apply for authorisation to lodge a comprehensive guarantee, you must submit an application.
- Download and complete the 'Application for authorisation to lodge a comprehensive guarantee pursuant to Article 89(5) in conjunction with Article 95 of the Union Customs Code, including any reduction or exemption' (Form 0597) on the Customs Administration website.
- Attach all the necessary documents to the form and send it to your competent main customs office. The competent main customs office is the one from whose district you operate your business or, if you do not operate a business, the one in whose district you are domiciled. If your business is operated from a location outside Germany or if you do not have a place of residence in Germany, the main customs office in whose district you first appear for tax purposes is locally responsible.
- The main customs office will examine your application.
- You will receive an approval or a rejection.
Responsible for the content
Federal Ministry of Finance
Last update or date of publication